Page 1 of 1

homemade metalic blue Tremclad / Rustolium

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2026 6:37 pm
by DavidBarkey
100ml / 3.381oz aluminum paint mix with 3.785 lts / 1 US gallon Tremclad / Rust-Oleum enamel paint = metalic blue rust paint you Can Not buy off the shelf . Other than needing a slower reducer with the sun and wind speed drying the paint it come out ok
sprayed yesterday
sprayed yesterday
sprayed today
sprayed today
sprayed today
sprayed today
Rust paint +universal urethane hardener + urethane reducer . Have slow reducer coming to help with dry time and better shine .

Re: homemade metalic blue Tremclad / Rustolium

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2026 10:59 pm
by Spike188
@DavidBarkey I am impressed!

Re: homemade metalic blue Tremclad / Rustolium

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2026 1:33 pm
by RoamingGnome
Wow! @DavidBarkey That looks Awesome :worship:

Re: homemade metalic blue Tremclad / Rustolium

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2026 10:32 pm
by Spike188
@DavidBarkey Merri saw your post. Now she is going to make blended paints like yours
20260721_221912.jpg
She has marbled the step kickplates
20260721_221110.jpg
The black railings are painted with India Ink and only she knows what else.
20260721_222434.jpg
Then The bathroom need a grassy field
20260721_222446.jpg
in full moon light.
20260721_222651.jpg
While I have spent the last 6 days replacing baseboard, door, and window trim
20260721_221052.jpg
and some of it has required a bit of ingenuity, almost outside my pay scale.
I really want to work on my Case Backhoe before death comes knocking on my door.

PS, I suggested she paint a silhouette of Michael Angelo's "the Thinker" on the wall by the toilet and title it "The Stinker" She gave me the impression that classy is not a virtue I possess.

Re: homemade metalic blue Tremclad / Rustolium

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2026 5:29 am
by DavidBarkey
I fear I have created another monster :rofl: . It looks great , she is talented . You can buy pearl coloured and metallic powders ect at some paint stores and craft stores . It allows you get some old school finishes you can't get from base clear and at a fraction of the cost . Using urethane hardener makes it dry faster and much tougher finish .