Page 1 of 1
Lift float feature
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2026 8:10 am
by Harry
After having Case tractors for some time I use them for many different tasks. I never knew that if you pushed the lift lever all the way up it locks into float. I don’t mow with a GT usually just till or my winter GT I move snow with a caster. Recently with the 646 and tiller I noticed when I lower the rear 3 point, the tines would stop moving. If I put it in float the tines move which then turns the dirt. I can’t believe I never knew about the float feature.

Re: Lift float feature
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2026 6:18 pm
by DavidBarkey
Harry wrote: ↑Wed Jul 15, 2026 8:10 am
After having Case tractors for some time I use them for many different tasks. I never knew that if you pushed the lift lever all the way up it locks into float. I don’t mow with a GT usually just till or my winter GT I move snow with a caster. Recently with the 646 and tiller I noticed when I lower the rear 3 point, the tines would stop moving. If I put it in float the tines move which then turns the dirt. I can’t believe I never knew about the float feature.
That was one of the first things I found out about mine when I pushed the lever too far and it locked in to float by accident. Really handy with uneaven ground and the snow blower/ blade on front or the tiller or a plow on back .
Re: Lift float feature
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2026 12:54 pm
by propane1
I use float on my 224 sometimes using the snow throwers and some times while using the loader on the 446.
My Massey Ferguson 14 has the float feature, some may not know about.
Noel
Re: Lift float feature
Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2026 1:03 am
by Eugen
I used the float feature on my Case tractor quite often. But I was as surprised as you to find that the Kubota has a float feature too, on the loader. But I never seem to need it.
