Page 1 of 1
Insane weather
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2026 12:35 pm
by Harry
I’m sure members North if me got this rain weather that I’ve have seen this summer. A few tornadoes touched down near me but I was lucky. I’ve never seen such torrential rain like I’ve seen this past summer. I’ve had to pump water out of my pool four times now. I’m glad we did not plant a vegetable garden this summer. It certainly wiuld have been lost to the rain.

Re: Insane weather
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2026 2:03 pm
by Spike188
Storm front came through traveling at 40 miles per hour. The front is about 1 mile away in this photo.
In 2 minutes it engulphed us and visibility went to 1/4 mile, then to near nothing.
We were without power for 10 hours. There are a lot of big trees down.
Re: Insane weather
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2026 5:11 pm
by propane1
Spike188 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 03, 2026 2:03 pm
20260902_174000.jpg
Storm front came through traveling at 40 miles per hour. The front is about 1 mile away in this photo. 20260902_174203.jpgIn 2 minutes it engulphed us and visibility went to 1/4 mile, then to near nothing.
We were without power for 10 hours. There are a lot of big trees down.
That’s nasty.
We are in for 3 days of rain. And heavy at times the guessers are saying. Not good.
Noel
Re: Insane weather
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2026 5:40 am
by DavidBarkey
To give you and idea of how wet it has been here where we are . The month of August recorded as much rain fall as it did in April this spring . The numbers that they have for the month for cities with in 30 minutes of us are the same as I recorded from my rain gauges in the garden in one weekend in the middle of the month . I have water level monitor in my dug well and after peaking in June from spring melt then slowly receding like usual of the summer it has been rising again since mid August . Never seen that in the 13 years we have been here . I fear next year will be dry as a desert . Time will tell .
Last week we had a

storm go though in the early am that was low wind , low rain , but continuous lightning and thunder for an hour high above the clouds . The clouds were lit up like the sun was behind them the whole time and the thunder sounded more like large jet that never moved on .
This what someone recorded of that storm . Where we are it was shorter but more intense of light show of what you see in there video .
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ontario ... 097499570/
Re: Insane weather
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 4:48 pm
by MattA
This weekends forecast... I'm right on the 4-8" line just east of Providence RI, 50-70MPH wind gusts.
Re: Insane weather
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 8:13 pm
by propane1
Ouu, that’s not good Matt. Hope all goes good.
Noel
Re: Insane weather
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 6:37 am
by DavidBarkey
Noreasters are no fun no matter where you live . Batten down the hatches and stay safe .
Re: Insane weather
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:16 am
by MattA
We still have power and the rain and wind has died down. Rain and wind are expected to continue into tomorrow. I think we got 4-5" of rain over three days so far. I haven't been out to see if my roof needs repair or not. I don't think the storm has been as bad as the media hyped it up for added viewership.
Re: Insane weather
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:13 pm
by propane1
Media wants their ratings. So it’s always bad weather.
It doesn’t look to be coming here yet. No warnings. But have been hearing about it for days, it seems.
Noel.
Re: Insane weather
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 7:58 pm
by Spike188
Meanwhile, in Ontario we have fall weather setting in. Trees are starting to turn, night air is low 40's f or 4c.
This was 7:15 sunset tonight.
@MattA did you have roof damage?
Re: Insane weather
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:26 pm
by MattA
Spike188 wrote: ↑Sun Sep 27, 2026 7:58 pm
Meanwhile, in Ontario we have fall weather setting in. Trees are starting to turn, night air is low 40's f or 4c.
20260927_191952.jpgThis was 7:15 sunset tonight.
@MattA did you have roof damage?
The wind has gone down but it's still raining. I haven't ventured out to look. I sure hope not.
Nice view. The sunset goes on forever.