I've picked out a lofted barn style shed with 8x7 garage door (could go 9x7... but it looks funny on a 12' wide shed). I was planning a 12'x20' shed with lofts but when planning where things would go I got worried about having enough space to work on stuff. Probably going with 12'x24'. After seeing the standard work bench and shed options, I decided to build my own. I'd like them bigger and stronger to hold my tractor stuff. This will also give more time to plan where things will go. I've also seen some neat DIY hoist/track setups for sheds/barns. Floor thickness, joist and truss upgrades will all be purchased (upgrade cost is minimal).
TBD on the site prep. Crusher run stone and limestone mix was recommended. I may do it with the Johnny bucket. Lead time is 7-9 weeks.
One area of concern is shed security... also need to pull a shed permit.
I'm open to suggestions from the experienced guys
Front Side garage entrance Lofts Floor plan
