First post in this section..

Drawings and schematics of parts for tractors, attachments, tools.
ras101 United States of America

First post in this section..

Post by ras101 »

So for me this section allows sharing of detailed drawings of parts of our tractors. Thanks to Eugen that set this section up we should be able to draw, share detailed and accurate pictures in a common format that enable any member to recreate a part through their own skill set and workshop or at least be able to pay to create a part that is no longer available for their needy GT. This section will, if we all participate, keep our hobby, and tractors alive for however long we decide to remain tractor friends into the future. For me , I have been drawing detailed, scale parts, for several years now but I am both old and also infirm too and I will share, but also encourage, that all our members, no matter how talented they might be to keep note of their parts, to share their knowledge, and above all help our obsession so we can keep our GT tractors alive and above all at least better than we adopted our tractor. For me, I really want more!, I want to make sure that we move our hobby forward, I want to know that we take our obsession to the next level, I want our tractors to be number 1 into the next 50 plus years too.. Want to help me achieve that? then start drawing! every part, every improvement, however little that might seem to be. If we want this hobby, if we want Case/Ingersoll/Colt to be there in the future, then we need as a community to help make that happen. Want to help in that? or are you waiting for everyone else in the LS to make that happen for you? Get off you butt and make this happen guys...
Last edited by ras101 on Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seabee United States of America

Re: First post in this section..

Post by Seabee »

Thanks for posting your thoughts.

Last spring I bought the last complete set of tiller tines for our CIC tillers. So far none of our dealers seems to have come up with a replacement or substitute for our tiller tines. Here is an example of what you are speaking of. I have tilled maybe 45-50 "Pandemic Gardens" in the last 2 years. I am being very protective of my new tines because of this development and will not be tilling many gardens beyond my own and my daughters family this year.

I would be willing to loan a LH and RH new tine if this would further the cause.

I got a new neighbor just recently. He is the Production Manager of a metal fabrication shop in our town. And he has a welding shop that he is setting up in his barn. That may be a plus for us? I am trying to get to know him before springing all of my repair projects on him> I want him to think I am a nice guy, first.

Another avenue I am exploring is if there are some other manufacturers that use a tine similar to ours. I know over the years we manufactured some tractors and add on equipment for such manufactures as Simplicity, and Massey Ferguson, maybe more. Did they stock their own manufactured parts? WE need to be looking for parts that are similar to our own, or could be adapted to our own.

We also need to keep our eyes open as we drive thru the country for old Case tractors and equipment that could be moved into members hands for possible parts, or drawings for the club.

Thank You!

Bill Moyer
Bill Moyer
ras101 United States of America

Re: First post in this section..

Post by ras101 »

So Bill, here's the challenge:-
While you still have the new unused part available measure it as accurately as you can.. Not expecting you to have a CAD program but if you do more the better. Measure the thickness of the tine, length etc. If it has an angle and you have the means measure that too that would be great and the distance from one end to the middle of the angle. Use the most accurate measuring tools you have, if you have digital all the better. Don't have those then just get a piece of plain paper, set the item on the paper and using a pencil draw the item by using the item as a template. Better yet you could send the item to me (promise to return it quickly). If there are any other attributes, like material type, etc. note that too.

If we want to preserve our hobby for our kids we need to enable our fellow members to be able to replace parts as they break of ware out.

Ray