Case 680E

You're cheating on your Case with another tractor! We want all the dirty details!
propane1 Canada

Re: Case 680E

Post by propane1 »

Thanks Eugen. You could go to the PEI Liquor commission web site and get me gift card. :rofl: :rofl: :78: :78: :69: :giggle:
And I’m sure you could do the same for the other fellas too. :rofl: :clap: :clap: :D

Just kidding, just kidding hehe :78: :D
Have a good day Eugen.

Noel
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I don't think you're joking. Someone just sent me all of you guys home addresses! What kind of magic is that?! :O
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

Eugen wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:36 am I don't think you're joking. Someone just sent me all of you guys home addresses! What kind of magic is that?! :O
Oh no! :114: we're all going to be getting hate mail and a bill for causing emotional distress. :D
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Worse Tim! I'm gonna send you all Christmas cards! :rofl:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Gathering tools and parts. Got a black light gadget from Amazon today, made Jeff Bezos a little richer. I think it works good.

A couple of lines with a highlighter that are almost invisible without the UV light.

https://vimeo.com/678987552
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

After sitting for a little more than a week, I pulled the oil pan plug and drained about a gallon of fluid. If there was water or coolant in the oil it should have been at the very bottom and come out first, but there wasn't any. What came out looked like oil. This confirms that if theres anything that fills up the crankcase is either hydraulic fluid or diesel. We already established that it can't really be hydraulic fluid, as I can't see a way it can get into the crankcase on this tractor. So it must be diesel then.

Got some UV dye from Partsource, as they were the only store to have some in stock. $12 for two little vials, each 1/4 oz. Put one in the diesel fuel, but am not able to crank the engine yet, as the feed pump and injectors are off. The tee for the return fuel from the injectors is supposed to arrive in early March, so until then I'll just play the harmonica and look at the bright blue sky. :violin:

Here's the oil after 24h of sitting in a plastic bottle. No separation of fluids, so no water/coolant there.
IMG_6436.JPG
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:46 am After sitting for a little more than a week, I pulled the oil pan plug and drained about a gallon of fluid. If there was water or coolant in the oil it should have been at the very bottom and come out first, but there wasn't any. What came out looked like oil. This confirms that if theres anything that fills up the crankcase is either hydraulic fluid or diesel. We already established that it can't really be hydraulic fluid, as I can't see a way it can get into the crankcase on this tractor. So it must be diesel then.

Got some UV dye from Partsource, as they were the only store to have some in stock. $12 for two little vials, each 1/4 oz. Put one in the diesel fuel, but am not able to crank the engine yet, as the feed pump and injectors are off. The tee for the return fuel from the injectors is supposed to arrive in early March, so until then I'll just play the harmonica and look at the bright blue sky. :violin:

Here's the oil after 24h of sitting in a plastic bottle. No separation of fluids, so no water/coolant there.

IMG_6436.JPG
Well that is good to know . You can still continue diag . Put the transfer pump back on. Remove the injector lines from the pump. Remove locking clamps , and make sure injector pumps are seated properly . Leave the injectors out (will turn over easier ). Put some pieces of hose over the injector pumps and into a can . With die in fuel ( you may want to premix in fuel and pull directly from that container to be sure ) crank over engine just until die is seen coming from injector pump hoses . Pull the transfer pump and see if it looks like die is coming from back of it or inside the injector pump. At least you will know what to tackle first . Don't forget to recharge the battery .
If you need to borrow anything to do this , you know where I am .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Yeah, it's quite a relief that I don't need to deal with a cracked water manifold or blown gasket.

I was planning to do exactly what you said here. Need to find some hose of the right size to pull over the injector lines and gather the fuel into a jar when cranking. And another hose to fit tight into the transfer pump so that it draws dyed diesel from a container. Fun fun fun :D
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:59 am Yeah, it's quite a relief that I don't need to deal with a cracked water manifold or blown gasket.

I was planning to do exactly what you said here. Need to find some hose of the right size to pull over the injector lines and gather the fuel into a jar when cranking. And another hose to fit tight into the transfer pump so that it draws dyed diesel from a container. Fun fun fun :D
I have some clear hose that might fit . What size is the diameter of the treads in the injector pumps ?

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder