Double nutted steering gear

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
User avatar
MattA United States of America
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:57 pm
Location: Swansea MA
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5892 times

Double nutted steering gear

Post by MattA »

While looking at a newer 4016 this summer I noticed the steering gear was double nutted to prevent the steering gear from loosening up. I checked mine last weekend and found the nut had backed off more than a full turn. I tightened the nut up and added a 2nd nut to lock the nuts in place. What a difference that made. The steering is much tighter now.
20261003_140723.jpg
Ingersoll 4016
User avatar
DavidBarkey Canada
Posts: 4201
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:35 am
Location: Waverley On.
Has thanked: 21010 times
Been thanked: 15555 times

Re: Double nutted steering gear

Post by DavidBarkey »

there you go , proof the 2 nuts are better than one . Thats why I allways travel with my buddy . :rofl:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Post Reply