The weather

Shoot the breeze here.
Timj United States of America

Re: The weather

Post by Timj »

We got about 6" so far today and still coming down pretty good. Fairly heavy wet snow, good thing, have wind to 40mph. Will get to give the 448 a run tomorrow morning.
They been talking about something for Fri into Sat but no amounts yet and then turning cold next week, high of 3 for Monday. :114:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

Snow is gone here. Its raining from Maine to Florida on the east coast. Heavy rains and howling winds here. I'm presently putting kid #1 back to bed. I put kid #2 back to bed an hour ago.
Ingersoll 4016
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

3C here today. Snow and rain. Not sure how they figure it’s going to snow at 3C, but any way they’re the smart ones, then rain and 90 kilometre winds. Hibrrrrnation day.

Noel
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Had some wet snow yesterday , then rain and windy last night . Not much snow left now . About 3C and white rain , looks like snow but melts before hittting the ground . Good day to be in the shop out of the damp.
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Well the sort of snow storm we got yesterday has mostly melted away. 5C today. :clap:

Noel
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

Picked up a couple of inches last night, temps in the low 30s. Winter storm watch for tomorrow and Saturday and then cold. I guess we're going to get some normal January weather.
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

@propane1 Noel how did you make out with the storm Wednesday?

We had a lot of rain and even higher winds than the last storm. Got a few gallons of water in the basement through a crack in the wall. This time the water made it to my kids play rugs. Presently drying that out... took a look at my roof this morning and I'm missing shingles for the 5th time in the past few years. Found those in the neighbors yard along with some other storm debris. Random chickens roaming my yard... road is flooded nearby... more trees down... Not too bad here compared to what other areas got :cheers:
Ingersoll 4016
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

MattA wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:26 am @propane1 Noel how did you make out with the storm Wednesday?

We had a lot of rain and even higher winds than the last storm. Got a few gallons of water in the basement through a crack in the wall. This time the water made it to my kids play rugs. Presently drying that out... took a look at my roof this morning and I'm missing shingles for the 5th time in the past few years. Found those in the neighbors yard along with some other storm debris. Random chickens roaming my yard... road is flooded nearby... more trees down... Not too bad here compared to what other areas got :cheers:
That's still terrible @MattA , hope you can fix that quickly!
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

@MattA Yikes! :O - Good luck with some speedy roof repairs... :(
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

MattA wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:26 am @propane1 Noel how did you make out with the storm Wednesday?

Matt. It looked like a snow storm in the morning for a while. Then it started to warm up and it changed to rain. During this we had 50,55 mph/80,90 kilometre ESE winds. We very rarely ever get that direction of wind. So, all in all, we faired out good. No damage that I saw, and the snow was not enough to remove after the melting, but still a bit on the driveway, so once drove over it will make a great base.
But, yes I said but, another similar storm coming for Saturday. So we will have to see how that plays out.
Thanks for asking Matt.

Noel