The weather

Shoot the breeze here.
propane1 Canada

Re: The weather

Post by propane1 »

So didn’t move any snow yesterday. Not enough to bother with. But it did snow some over night. So I’ll see when I out if I’ll do any. And it should be froze a bit. -1C this morning. I think I’ll use the MF14 bulldozer tractor, if I do any snow moving. But then, it’s suppose to be 7C this Sunday and 11C on Monday. So it going to melt away. If those temperatures stay true.

Noel
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

So I did move snow. More there than I thought. But I used the John Deere with thrower. Son was still a bit wet. So there were a few times it pushed the snow, in stead of taking it in and throwing it out. Worked not bad. I did not have the engine at full throttle.

I may get the MF14 tractor out and push some snow this afternoon.

Noel
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Here’s a video of the snow throwing. It’s kind of long, but you should be able to just watch the parts you want, if you like.

Noel

https://youtu.be/rxbzdwqPjTk?si=FuqjaWIvR1V94sqP
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

Noel, the JD throws the snow really well. Thanks for posting the video. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Toolslinger United States of America

Post by Toolslinger »

The blower JD paiared with the 140 is really excellent. I have yet to run anything that I find superior.

For as long as I've had the 444 now, I never had the combination of it running, hooked up to the J80, decent snow, and in the same location I'm in to really test it. The couple times I did try it, I wasn't overly impressed, but those really weren't good tests. Plus I had some improvised wings added to the J80 to widen it, and they always tended to push the snow rather than cut/feed. I guess I'll hopefully get to actually run it this year unless I get another winter of mud like last year.

I imagine it wouldn't be a terribly complex project to mount the JD blower on the front of a Case. I doubt I'd do it unless I really ran out of other projects first, but that might be the ideal combination for me pending the new to me J84 performance evaluation. (ok, actually, for the ultimate franken blower, I'd probably take the loader boom off a 646, mount a blower, and convert the chute rotation, and elevation to hydraulic to control with the loader controls.)
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Toolslinger wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:48 am The blower JD paiared with the 140 is really excellent. I have yet to run anything that I find superior.

For as long as I've had the 444 now, I never had the combination of it running, hooked up to the J80, decent snow, and in the same location I'm in to really test it. The couple times I did try it, I wasn't overly impressed, but those really weren't good tests. Plus I had some improvised wings added to the J80 to widen it, and they always tended to push the snow rather than cut/feed. I guess I'll hopefully get to actually run it this year unless I get another winter of mud like last year.

I imagine it wouldn't be a terribly complex project to mount the JD blower on the front of a Case. I doubt I'd do it unless I really ran out of other projects first, but that might be the ideal combination for me pending the new to me J84 performance evaluation. (ok, actually, for the ultimate franken blower, I'd probably take the loader boom off a 646, mount a blower, and convert the chute rotation, and elevation to hydraulic to control with the loader controls.)
That sounds like interesting project. Before I built the 446 blower tractor , I thought about Doing something similar on Frankie so I didn't have to blow backing up anymore . His loader is removable. All ready have a hydra-blower and wet pto. I almost went that direction until we had a wet snow storm after supper then a freeze over night . The plow left a frozen mess of ice blocks and snow at the end of the driveway . This made me realize that keeping the bucket on one tractor for the end of the drive would save beating up the blower . So I kept the loader on and the hydra blower on the 3pt. for back up now .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

The weather here in WNY has been very unseasonable lately. I see the weather guessers are predicting mild temps with no rain or snow in sight for a week. The 446 snow machine is ready to go and the 444 with utility blade will be online soon. It’s better to be ready and not need it than not ready and get dumped on. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

DavidBarkey wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:22 am

That sounds like interesting project. Before I built the 446 blower tractor , I thought about Doing something similar on Frankie so I didn't have to blow backing up anymore . His loader is removable. All ready have a hydra-blower and wet pto. I almost went that direction until we had a wet snow storm after supper then a freeze over night . The plow left a frozen mess of ice blocks and snow at the end of the driveway . This made me realize that keeping the bucket on one tractor for the end of the drive would save beating up the blower . So I kept the loader on and the hydra blower on the 3pt. for back up now .
I can understand when you got no option, but as far as I'm concerned, rear mounted snow blowers are for owls. My neck is too stiff to blow snow going backwards.

@Harry , I am with you on the sentiment of better be ready, but was rarely able to do so. We just got a little snow now, and untypical of me, the snowcaster's on the 444. As for the ridge left by the township plow, the orange monster can push like crazy.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Harry wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:36 am The weather here in WNY has been very unseasonable lately. I see the weather guessers are predicting mild temps with no rain or snow in sight for a week. The 446 snow machine is ready to go and the 444 with utility blade will be online soon. It’s better to be ready and not need it than not ready and get dumped on. :peace: Harry
About the same over here. Mostly dry with temps in the 50s. Not gonna complain about that! I do kinda, sorta have things ready for snow, let’s hope this is enough to scare it away!
IMG_4404.jpeg
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

13C/55F here on Monday. All the snow we had is gone.

Noel