Pictures: this moment

Shoot the breeze here.
Eugen Canada

Re: Pictures: this moment

Post by Eugen »

thebuildist wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:23 am
But you're right now that I can move pallets and raise them up in the air and put them wherever is convenient, I need to reimagine a lot of my storage and organization approaches.

Thanks for the tip!
Not sure how realistic it is, but this is something that I am considering doing for a different task. To make bins out of pallets. That would allow smaller boxes to be stacked and not strapped inside the bin, yet stil movable with the forks.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

Hi @Eugen if you watch for "pallet collars" or pallet sides on FB marketplace they do show up once in a while...
Collars.png
Often listed as being good for making raised garden beds. Really handy if you can find them cheap, they stack, and the good ones have hinged corners so you can fold them for storage.
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Thanks Gerry, that's very neat! I was going to build my own, but of course they would suck in comparison to these ones. I'll see if I can find any. :thumbsup:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

And at least around here you can find the steel cages from palletized liquid storage tanks, often for very cheap. (Ibc totes)

They're very strong and again they stack.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/grq/ ... 59198.html

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

This is an absolutely beautiful early fall evening! Full harvest moon.
IMG_4122.jpeg
Off in the distance I can hear the combines running picking corn and cutting beans. Brings back a lot of memories for this time of year. Those guys will be running to 11 or 12 at night for the next week or two.
Spike188 Canada

Post by Spike188 »

I snagged this off of Facebook and really like the way the last guy thinks.

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year outside of Buffalo, New York scientists found traces of copper cable dating back 120 years. They came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.
Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, a Wheeling WV archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet somewhere just outside Woodsdale. Shortly after, a story in the The Intelligencer read, "WV archaeologists, reporting a finding of 200 year old copper cable, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers.
One week later, a local newspaper in Barton Ohio reported the following: "After digging down about 30 feet deep in his pasture near the community of Hell’s Kitchen, Pete Riley, a hell of an engineer and a self-taught archaeologist and gynecologist reported that he found absolutely nothing. Riley has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, Ohio had already gone wireless."
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

Spike188 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:09 pm I snagged this off of Facebook and really like the way the last guy thinks.

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year outside of Buffalo, New York scientists found traces of copper cable dating back 120 years. They came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.
Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, a Wheeling WV archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet somewhere just outside Woodsdale. Shortly after, a story in the The Intelligencer read, "WV archaeologists, reporting a finding of 200 year old copper cable, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers.
One week later, a local newspaper in Barton Ohio reported the following: "After digging down about 30 feet deep in his pasture near the community of Hell’s Kitchen, Pete Riley, a hell of an engineer and a self-taught archaeologist and gynecologist reported that he found absolutely nothing. Riley has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, Ohio had already gone wireless."
Pete Riley was a hell of a guy! Self taught archeologist and gynecologist. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Harry wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:58 am
Spike188 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:09 pm I snagged this off of Facebook and really like the way the last guy thinks.

Pete Riley was a hell of a guy! Self taught archeologist and gynecologist. :peace: Harry
He must specialize in old ladies . :rofl:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Doing some chores on a perfect fall day. Great fall colors, but the pictures just don’t do them justice.
IMG_4189.jpeg
IMG_4190.jpeg
IMG_4192.jpeg
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

morning sun lighting up the fall colours . Like most of you , the pictures don't do it justice .
Attachments
view from centre of back yard
view from centre of back yard
view from bedroom window
view from bedroom window
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder