The weather

Shoot the breeze here.
JSinMO United States of America

Re: The weather

Post by JSinMO »

IMG_4102.jpeg
I dug ours quite some time ago. Not too many just a few to enjoy. I usually store them in the basement but we’ve been eating them up so I might not have any to store!
@propane1 its kind of funny, some people never loose interest in things. I used to hunt and fish a lot and really looked forward to it but over the years I just lost interest. Who knows maybe I’ll get back into it someday. You might have a big potato patch again too!

You guys can keep that frost up your way for awhile yet. I’m not ready!
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

JSinMO wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:36 pm IMG_4102.jpeg

I dug ours quite some time ago. Not too many just a few to enjoy. I usually store them in the basement but we’ve been eating them up so I might not have any to store!
@propane1 its kind of funny, some people never loose interest in things. I used to hunt and fish a lot and really looked forward to it but over the years I just lost interest. Who knows maybe I’ll get back into it someday. You might have a big potato patch again too!

You guys can keep that frost up your way for awhile yet. I’m not ready!
That’s very true Jeff. One never knows. But a big potatoe patch next year likely won’t happen. :giggle:

Noel
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Other than the one we have eaten , ours are still in the ground . Both carrots and taters . We can alot of of ours and cold room the rest. Some large one will be made into frys and frozen . Canned potatoes are an easy side dish in winter . They are fully cooked in the process and only need heating up to make mashed , homefrys , ect.
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

8C here tonite. First time in single digits in a while. Hibrrrrrnation is getting closer and closer. :giggle:

Noel
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

@JSinMO a few years ago I was soooo much into fishing. And was going to get into hunting too, got a pretty serious bow, a Hoyt nitro, got my hunting license, practiced, .... and then nothing. God and kids and wife and tractors and house chores and day job fills up my life, no regrets. My interest in fishing and hunting simply isn't here anymore, maybe it comes back one day, maybe. At the moment I feel like nothing is missing. :spin: :bee: :gift:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Well. It’s gunna happen. Frost warning for tonite !!!!
This morning its 6C. High for today is 16C. Sunny. Back to the wood splitting.

Noel
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

In my area I can see there have been a few light frosts. I’m trying to get outside projects buttoned up but I keep adding more as time goes on. :rolleyes: :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

Finally stopped raining here. It's been raining for days. I wasn't able to mow this past weekend. This weekend will be 3 weeks since my last mowing plus I spread weed and feed last week :rofl:

We need a mowing emoji
Ingersoll 4016
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Sunny. Has been all week and suppose to be all next week.

Noel
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Well it’s that time of the year again around here. High temperature the next two days should be near 80F then the bottom drops out Sunday night the forecast is for 27F. About the right time historically for us to have the first freeze of the season. I guess I better get the outside water hydrants shut off and start checking antifreeze in all the engines that need it.