Wet sand blaster

Discussions on restoring tractors.
DavidBarkey Canada

Wet sand blaster

Post by DavidBarkey »

Had the wet sand blast out Sunday cleaning up the caster housing . Did a great job . had issues with the pressure pot feeder the whole time . At the end I opened it up to see what was going on and found bits of wood a baggy with new nosles in it . Note to self . When you buy something used clean it out first . Had it a few years now and newer cleaned it out . Anyway , Yesterday morning the metal was a light tan from rust starting , perfect now phosphoric acid (krud kutter / rust). Put thin coat on and poof nice grey steel ready for paint when dry . I hope at some point to have a way of saving and drying the sand for reuse.
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Re: Wet sand blaster

Post by Eugen »

That's something I want to get as well, to be able to wet sand blast. How much sand roughly did you use Dave?
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:12 am That's something I want to get as well, to be able to wet sand blast. How much sand roughly did you use Dave?
6 bags of copper slag ,
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Jancoe United States of America

Post by Jancoe »

Any pics to see the results of it wet blasted? I just need to order the kit and get it. I have a spare power washer now that I can make a dedicated unit with if needed. Nudge me. Lol

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Jancoe wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:10 pm Any pics to see the results of it wet blasted? I just need to order the kit and get it. I have a spare power washer now that I can make a dedicated unit with if needed. Nudge me. Lol

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Sorry no pics . Still can't get the chrome book to back up what is phone like it use to . I have no idea why . :(
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder