Next on the docket this spring

Discussions on restoring tractors.
DavidBarkey Canada

Next on the docket this spring

Post by DavidBarkey »

Had this dropped off to me . They did no want to see it go for scrap . I am so glad they thought of me .
20211222_091328.jpg
20211222_091340.jpg
The significance to me is not just it has hydraulics and it is and it is almost as old as I am . There is a lot of iron in this piece . But is branded Allis Chalmers (Simplicity) , Allis was my grandmothers name on my father side and Grand father (on dad side ) had a Allis Chalmers dealer ship in the early 60s . This model was built between 1968 & 70 , so not too many years. This would not have been sold by my grandfather but is close enough . This thing has been in a barn for the last 15 years and by the looks of it ,it was in some sort of driving shed most of its life . I looked it up and these weigh in at 750 lbs with the deck on . 12 hp B&S . Every thing seam to be there except the grill and I have seen a pic and can have it made . Have a look at that seat , it is original . This will be done for my Dad as soon as I can so he can have as much time as he can . He is doing very good for his age but at 78 the clock is ticking .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Re: Next on the docket this spring

Post by Eugen »

That's a great barn find! And fits nicely a little piece of history! Looking forward to seeing it running! :highfive:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Timj United States of America

Re: Next on the docket this spring

Post by Timj »

:letmesee: very nice find Dave, can't wait to see it going.

The old Simplicity/ Allis Chalmers were some tough little tractors. I spent many many hours on a Simplicity Landlord like this when I was a kid. I had quite the little mowing business.
Screenshot_20211223-165704.png
My father still runs an Allis like it. It's in great original condition. He mows, blows, and tills with it. Has the sickle and belly blade too. Runs good. :cool:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace: