Restoration or parts? Ingersoll 4118

Discussions on restoring tractors.
propane1 Canada

Re: Restoration or parts? Ingersoll 4118

Post by propane1 »

Hydraulic driven mower deck. ? And hydraulic driven snow thrower on these tractors. I obviously know nothing about them.

Noel
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

Propane57 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:18 pm Hydraulic driven mower deck. ? And hydraulic driven snow thrower on these tractors. I obviously know nothing about them.

Noel
In 92 & 93 Ingersoll built the All Hydraulic series tractors, there was a 3118, 4116, 4118, 4120, and a diesel version 3118d and. 4118d. They didn't pan out and were dropped. They all had power steering and used a larger two section hydraulic pump. They had a larger hydraulic cooler and no clutch. All attachments were driven hydraulicaly, the only belts used were in the mowers.
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Thanks Timj. I didn’t know any of that. Stay away from those then I guess hehe. I’d say I’m safe here where I live. I doubt if any where sold here.

Ingersoll built a few Massey Ferguson tractors at some point and I don’t know the model number, but we’re they built like that. ?

Noel

Post by Timj »

Propane57 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:03 am Thanks Timj. I didn’t know any of that. Stay away from those then I guess hehe. I’d say I’m safe here where I live. I doubt if any where sold here.

Ingersoll built a few Massey Ferguson tractors at some point and I don’t know the model number, but we’re they built like that. ?

Noel
I have had my 4118 from new. I wouldn't tell anyone to stay away from the All Hydraulic tractors, but definitely know what you're getting into if you get one. Everything costs more and the hydraulic drive motors in the attachments are NLA and hard to replace. Finding one by you would probably be a rare one. I don't know how many were built, but I'm surprised at least six here at CCIGT have one.

The Ingersoll built Massey's we're numbered 2** & 3** GTX like 320GTX. They were a 3000ps or 4000ps with a different hood. They were Kohler powered.
I'll post some pics.

Post by Timj »

Screenshot_20220128-074925.png
Screenshot_20220128-075008.png
Ahrm48 mower
KIMG0173.JPG
KIMG0172.JPG
AHSB48 snow caster
KIMG0152.JPG
KIMG0170.JPG
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Holy cats and Jumpins, those were quite a set up. Kinda different to have hoses and motor under the deck. But looks like a skid plate would be there, but still. Never seen or heard of that before. To bad they didn’t pan out. I’ve only been at Case tractors for about a year and a half now, and have two Case tractors now. So I’m still learning about them.
Thanks Timj for the pictures.

Noel

Post by Timj »

Propane57 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:54 am Holy cats and Jumpins, those were quite a set up. Kinda different to have hoses and motor under the deck. But looks like a skid plate would be there, but still. Never seen or heard of that before. To bad they didn’t pan out. I’ve only been at Case tractors for about a year and a half now, and have two Case tractors now. So I’m still learning about them.
Thanks Timj for the pictures.

Noel
Yes there is a skid plate.
An upside to the hydraulic attachments is quick change. I lost the connecting link in the chain the other night about a third of the way into blowing the driveway. Didn't have a spare, so less than 5 minutes, blower off, blade on, Back to driveway.
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

[/quote]

An upside to the hydraulic attachments is quick change. I lost the connecting link in the chain the other night about a third of the way into blowing the driveway. Didn't have a spare, so less than 5 minutes, blower off, blade on, Back to driveway.
[/quote]

Make sure the rounded end of the spring clip is facing forward as to the chains rotation. If put on the other way, it does not take much of a chunk of ice, hard packed snow, or pebble to knock the clip off with the speed the chain is moving.

:cheers:
Gordy

<<<<< direction of travel <<<<<
image.png

Post by Timj »

Gordy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:14 am
[/quote]

Make sure the rounded end of the spring clip is facing forward as to the chains rotation. If put on the other way, it does not take much of a chunk of ice, hard packed snow, or pebble to knock the clip off with the speed the chain is moving.

:cheers:
Gordy

<<<<< direction of travel <<<<<

image.png
[/quote]
Ha ha Gordy, I was going to check mine to see if I did it right when I shortened my chain. But I didn't :headbash: and now we know the answer, Stu put it on backwards. :blush: oh well, I had one at the shop and it's on right this time. :78:
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

The nice thing with the AHSB48 snowcaster is that you can fab up a mounting bracket mount it to your loader instead of the bucket. This allows you to take out some serious snow drifts. I have pics somewhere I saved years ago of this setup.
Ingersoll 4016