B43M Engine - $340 - Guelph, ON

If you have something to sell, or you seek, or you see something for sale out there and want to post it here to help your fellow members, it goes here.
Chad Canada

B43M Engine - $340 - Guelph, ON

Post by Chad »

Doesn't look like too bad of a deal, even with known issues.

Hope the link works!

"This Onan B43M 16hp engine is out of a 1981 Case 446 tractor. Estimated 1800 to 2000 hours run time. The engine will run but it has some issues. There is leakage of oil in the heads so it has low compression and needs piston rings. It also backfires out of the exhaust, although the muffler wasn't installed while working on it, so perhaps lack of back pressure was causing that. Brand new valve springs are installed. Will also need a tune-up.

As for the spare parts that come with the engine, most are in used condition, some will be OK, others possibly not. A lot of the gaskets are brand new. Engine service manual is included too. There are a few parts that are missing, such as the exhaust pipes, exhaust gaskets, the rectifier, battery wires. What you see in the photos, are what is included.

Engine is selling AS-IS, and all together with the parts only, not selling parts separately. It is not currently all setup to run, but I have a short video of it running which I can show the person when they come to view the engine.

Thank you for viewing my ad. If the ad is up, the item is available. Ad will be removed immediately after item is sold."

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-lawnmower-leaf- ... 1625773159
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Last edited by Chad on Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DavidBarkey Canada

Re: B43M Engine - $340 - Guelph, ON

Post by DavidBarkey »

Good candidate for rebuilding or a parts motor to convert a low hour generator engine .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder