WTB Ingersoll MK48 mulching kit

If you have something to sell, or you seek, or you see something for sale out there and want to post it here to help your fellow members, it goes here.
DavidBarkey Canada

Re: WTB Ingersoll MK48 mulching kit

Post by DavidBarkey »

MattA wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:23 pm Both the MK48 mulching kit and the mulching blades are NLA. I did see some similar mulching kits on amazon that I might be able to modify to work. I might kick off a separate topic...
If you can get into a small engine shop with a good selection of blades with one of yours as a template would help your search . Another option to try is what is a friends older JD. rear discharge . It has the standard blade and a smaller second blade 90 degrees to the main blade with an offset height .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

I'm still looking for the MK48 or MK48-2 mulching kit.
Ingersoll 4016
Jancoe United States of America

Post by Jancoe »

Matt, I too have been looking for a while. Last year someone posted one for sale on the other site. He was taking offers. I pm'd him. He was looking for a $300 plus offer. Figured it was gold I guess. I don't think he sold it. My plan is to fab up some this year. My friend has a sheet metal roller and I have alot of sheet metal on hand. If you don't find any by the time I make them, I'll sell you some baffles. Will just have to figure out the blade issue. When I purchased my first ingersoll 4018 it came with Oregon gator blades. They have seen better days and are used up, but I put them on when needed. Wish they were still available.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

Jancoe wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:05 am Matt, I too have been looking for a while. Last year someone posted one for sale on the other site. He was taking offers. I pm'd him. He was looking for a $300 plus offer. Figured it was gold I guess. I don't think he sold it. My plan is to fab up some this year. My friend has a sheet metal roller and I have alot of sheet metal on hand. If you don't find any by the time I make them, I'll sell you some baffles. Will just have to figure out the blade issue. When I purchased my first ingersoll 4018 it came with Oregon gator blades. They have seen better days and are used up, but I put them on when needed. Wish they were still available.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
I was planning to have our mechanical engineer at work draw up some prints from an existing set and get some mulching kits made. I haven't had time to kick off another thread on mulching blades but I was thinking of having custom blade adapters designed and machined to convert from ingersoll RM series spindles to another blade drive type.
Ingersoll 4016