Hydro vac

If you have something to sell, or you seek, or you see something for sale out there and want to post it here to help your fellow members, it goes here.
Cookie Canada

Hydro vac

Post by Cookie »

Looking for a hydro vac for my 1982 case . Location and price please !
Harry United States of America

Re: Hydro vac

Post by Harry »

I haven’t seen to many for sale lately. With warmer weather coming something will show up sooner ir later. Good hunting! :letmesee: :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Cookie Canada

Post by Cookie »

Harry wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:35 pm I haven’t seen to many for sale lately. With warmer weather coming something will show up sooner ir later. Good hunting! :letmesee: :peace: Harry
I hope so, thanks Harry!
Spike188 Canada

Post by Spike188 »

@Cookie they are rare in Ontario but do show up occasionally. I have picked up two vac's, one for a left and one for a right hand discharge deck. It did take several years to find. One came with a Case trailer. I did pay the asking price on both, knowing that they would sell quickly.
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
Cookie Canada

Post by Cookie »

Spike188 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:28 pm @Cookie they are rare in Ontario but do show up occasionally. I have picked up two vac's, one for a left and one for a right hand discharge deck. It did take several years to find. One came with a Case trailer. I did pay the asking price on both, knowing that they would sell quickly.
Okay thanks ,good to know.
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

@Cookie I recall reading that early hydravac hydraulic motors did not have case drains and tended to have issues with the seals. I'd try to buy one with the case drain line. The case drain is the small line that comes out of the motor.

Make sure you throttle the engine down before shutting off the hydravac and also make sure the case drain line is properly connected before running the hydravac. Leaving the case drain disconnected will blow out the shaft seal. Been there and done that :cuss:
Ingersoll 4016
Cookie Canada

Post by Cookie »

MattA wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:16 pm @Cookie I recall reading that early hydravac hydraulic motors did not have case drains and tended to have issues with the seals. I'd try to buy one with the case drain line. The case drain is the small line that comes out of the motor.

Make sure you throttle the engine down before shutting off the hydravac and also make sure the case drain line is properly connected before running the hydravac. Leaving the case drain disconnected will blow out the shaft seal. Been there and done that :cuss:
Thanks for the advice ,much appreciated!
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

Cookie wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:12 pm
MattA wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:16 pm @Cookie I recall reading that early hydravac hydraulic motors did not have case drains and tended to have issues with the seals. I'd try to buy one with the case drain line. The case drain is the small line that comes out of the motor.

Unless installed by the PO(previous owner) your 82 should not be equipped for a case drain. The good news is it is easy to install. One of our dealers should have a T fitting you splice into the lower oil cooler hose, then run a 1/4" hydraulic hose to the rear of the tractor with a quick connect on the end.

:cheers:
Gordy
Cookie Canada

Post by Cookie »

Gordy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:32 am

Unless installed by the PO(previous owner) your 82 should not be equipped for a case drain. The good news is it is easy to install. One of our dealers should have a T fitting you splice into the lower oil cooler hose, then run a 1/4" hydraulic hose to the rear of the tractor with a quick connect on the end.

Gordy
Thanks Gordy!
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

Cookie wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:11 am
Gordy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:32 am

Gordy
Thanks Gordy!
No problem. Found a picture of the case drain T installed on my 224-78.
SAM_0776.JPG
Here is the T and link to it. You can see it is kind of an oddball with the 2 slip on ends and 1 screw on end.
image.png
https://salempwr.com/c33204-fitg-tube-tee/

Brian is a great guy, you can call or email him to ensure you get the correct parts you need.

Gordy