https://buffalo.craigslist.org/for/d/ni ... 07295.html
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
Ingersoll 7020 Loader backhoe. 20hp Kohler gas engine . Lift capacity 800+lbs Low hours , runs and drives . 4wd not working (may be electrical or differential ) 2 new shafts and bearings on front axle . New hoses and fittings on bucket cylinder . No leaks . No use for this machine . Motivated to sell . Local delivery available .

I just seen this GT come up this morning on C/L locally. I know this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to find close to me. The is price is over the moon seeing it has issues. This maybe the very same GT that an acquaintance owned. He has lots of Case GT's and was liquidating, but he told me he was not going to sell the 7020. I think I'm going to go and check this out and maybe add it to my collection, if I can get it at a price I'm comfortable with. What do you guys think? :peace: Harry

Re: Case 7020

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:21 am
by RoamingGnome
It's been on my FB marketplace feed for a couple of days - I also thought it was interesting, but felt it was a bit expensive given the issues with 4wd not working. My best excuse though is not having a valid passport at the moment so no cross border shopping trips for me :((

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:09 pm
by Jancoe
I saw the Facebook ad on it also. I would love to have a 7020 like everyone else. These machines have always brought top dollar. Now with 4wd inop I would be negotiating price. Figure worst case scenario and make the deal. Get that thing home NOW. Lol

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:35 pm
by propane1
Nice. I know a fella in Cape Breton, NS that has one. From my understanding is, the four wheel drive only works in low range. Not in high range. Could be something simple.

Noel

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:45 pm
by Timj
I had also seen it on Facebook, :letmesee: I'm a little surprised it hasn't sold already. The 4wd issue or area maybe holding people back. We see so few of them for sale I don't know where the price should be at. Getting eyes on it would be good. :thumbsup:
Good luck Harry. :highfive:

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:15 pm
by Spike188
:j Harry, it is good thing that I am not closer. Rebuilding an abused tractor is expensive. If this unit is tight, it is worth a good look.

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:29 pm
by JSinMO
It looks clean I would hope that could equate to well maintained, but I guess you really won’t know till you look. I’m wondering why the bucket and backhoe are a different color from the tractor? They replaced 2 shafts and bearings on the front axel and couldn’t get 4x4 to work? Theses things may not be a big deal at all but might be points for negotiation. Either way it’s an awesome machine, I certainly wouldn’t say no to it!
Good luck and happy hunting @Harry !
I hope you can bring it home for a good price!

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:05 pm
by Harry
I emailed the seller today to setup an appointment to look at the 7020. He wrote back I could see it today if I had cash in hand. I could if we came to an agreement on the price. There is no way I would pay his dream price. :peace: Harry

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:10 pm
by FreddyFont
Do you guys know if the backhoe is removable on these?

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:14 pm
by MattA
A local CCI guy that had a 7020 loader told me the later models had an electronic 4WD lockout (likely because people were breaking the 4WD by using high range in 4WD).

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:02 pm
by Eugen
I could be wrong but someone who says you can only see it with cash in hand will not go down in price. :no:

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:54 pm
by Harry
Eugen, you are correct. The seller is in fact someone that I know of. I’ve seen this GT a few years ago, when I was looking at some parts he had for sale. I txt him this evening and he replied it’s worth 12K-15K but the 4 wheel front axle is inoperable so he is firm at $8500. He went on to tell me what new parts he put on it and how much he has spent on it. I told him it wasn’t worth that much to me and wished him luck in selling it. We all know you never get out what you put into anything. I know it’s a rare GT to find but couldn’t see spending that much on a GT that was broken. He had the front axle apart, put in new parts and it still did not work. I think he didn’t want to put in any more money and it was time to bail out. :peace: Harry

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:09 pm
by JSinMO
Sorry it didn’t work out Harry. At least you were able to find out about it. From what some of the other guys were saying it sounds like it’s been for sale for awhile. Maybe in the future.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:33 am
by Eugen
That's too bad Harry! I'm with you on this one, not worth it like that. :cheers:

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:01 am
by propane1
So just for curiosity, what do you members think it’s worth to buy it, with the four wheel drive not working. ? It kinda sounds like it’s still a useable tractor in two wheel drive.

Noel

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:07 am
by Harry
I was thinking since there are some issues with the 4 wheel drive not working and who knows what else. I’ve found with these older GT’s once you start working them hard things happen. In the ad it read “motivated to sell” I would have been a player around 6K. I figure I’ll let to go and see if anybody wants to pay his dream price. :peace: Harry

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:23 am
by propane1
Harry wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:07 am I was thinking since there are some issues with the 4 wheel drive not working and who knows what else. I’ve found with these older GT’s once you start working them hard things happen. In the ad it read “motivated to sell” I would have been a player around 6K. I figure I’ll let to go and see if anybody wants to pay his dream price. :peace: Harry
Yes. There always is normally more wrong than what they are saying. One has to expect that. You know, I’m not right up on pricing tractors, it’s always a guessing game for me. But I was thinking $5000.00 Canadian. And I think for me, that’s still to high. But. It has a loader and back hoe. Any way, was just curious. :hm:
I’m sorta comparing it to the ford 1210 tractor my son bought a while ago. No loader or back hoe on it, but has a cab and snow blower on it. It was a lot less than the $8500.00 US.
Like I say. Just curious, And having some entertainment chatting about tractors and prices.

Jumpins, I seemed to have had a ramble, and was not even trying. :giggle:

Noel :D

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:46 am
by Eugen
Noel, there was a 600 series loader for sale in southern Ontario about three years ago, in rough shape but functional. The asking price was around 4k and people were bidding higher on it. When my red 644 was for sale the guy was asking 7800 and the tractor had issues. 5k is way too low for that 7020. The backhoe alone is 2k if in good shape.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:19 am
by propane1
Quite a price for them Eugen. I must be cheap I guess :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: or like I said, I only guess at pricing. Thanks for your response. I suppose the area it’s in make a difference to in pricing.

Noel

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:40 am
by Harry
FreddyFont wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:10 pm Do you guys know if the backhoe is removable on these?
I believe they can be removed but not easy. On my 644 I can see how it could be removed but not something I would want to do. I like it hanging off the back for a counter weight for what I put in the loader bucket. :peace: Harry

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:54 am
by Eugen
propane1 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:19 am Quite a price for them Eugen. I must be cheap I guess :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: or like I said, I only guess at pricing. Thanks for your response. I suppose the area it’s in make a difference to in pricing.

Noel
Well, it is quite a price, but I've been looking for a loader for a long time, and even building one and adding to a 400 series takes you in the 4-5k range. I am very cheap, and was hurting my brain to even think I'd pay for a 600 series more than 3.5k. I've considered all options and in the end, my wife said "just buy it if we need it." Maybe I overpaid for the red one, don't know. We'll see when I sell it, it would be nice not to sell it much cheaper than I paid for it, considering that I fixed all kind of issues on it. :D

I think @Spike188 beat us all on price for a 600 series loader with backhoe. It was something between 2 and 3k but it was the Ikea version, some assembling required. :109:

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:29 pm
by thebuildist
Eugen wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:54 am
propane1 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:19 am Quite a price for them Eugen. I must be cheap I guess :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: or like I said, I only guess at pricing. Thanks for your response. I suppose the area it’s in make a difference to in pricing.

Noel
Well, it is quite a price, but I've been looking for a loader for a long time, and even building one and adding to a 400 series takes you in the 4-5k range. I am very cheap, and was hurting my brain to even think I'd pay for a 600 series more than 3.5k. I've considered all options and in the end, my wife said "just buy it if we need it." Maybe I overpaid for the red one, don't know. We'll see when I sell it, it would be nice not to sell it much cheaper than I paid for it, considering that I fixed all kind of issues on it. :D

I think @Spike188 beat us all on price for a 600 series loader with backhoe. It was something between 2 and 3k but it was the Ikea version, some assembling required. :109:
I don't mean to quibble. But if you do all the work yourself and scrounge for raw materials well in advance, you can save quite a bit of money on adding a loader to a 400/4000 series. I did all the frame and axle work and then added a quick attach loader with swappable bucket, forks and brush grapple for right around $1,200 U.S.

Bob

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:40 pm
by Eugen
@thebuildist , if you have a functional tractor that's a different story. I'm comparing buying a 600 series vs from scratch buying a 400 series, modifying it, and building a loader for it. Plus, most people don't have a shop and all the tools required for the task. On top of that do it in Canada, where prices and selection of parts and materials are different. But you know, everyone sees things from their perspective. :cheers:

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:20 pm
by Harry
I consider myself cheap too. I paid $3200 for the 644 lbh which had a rebuilt engine but the hoses were in rough shape, so some needed to be replaced. It also had the frame twisted and a PO added gussets to beef it up. I ended up fish plating the frame which was one heck of a dirty pain staking job, welding it all in the overhead position under the tractor. The 646 loader I paid $2500 for. It had a oil leaking problem and low compression on the engine. I think I did better on the 644 than the 646. After getting educated on the original site about frame twisting of the 400 series tractors when you convert them to a loader. I never considered trying to do that. I do know if I ever purchased another one, I know enough about them now to make an educated decision before purchasing. :peace: Harry

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:00 pm
by Jancoe
As far as my 2 6018's. I picked them up as a package. I think I was around $7500 for the 2. I could currently use a 7020lbh. I'd off my 6018lbh. Then keep my other 6018l. The soft fill the excavation company brought for my garage build makes it impossible to drive anything on. I will need to top coat it to make it drivable. A 7020 would surely make that happen. Mine? I'm sure but at a much slower rate.

As far as the price on this one. I don't think he's far off at all. The unknown cost of parts alone in the front diff could probably go $1500. I believe it is a polaris 4x4 front diff of some sort. So now price something out newer and your spending 25k. That one looks pretty clean and only 300ish hours. I'm sure it's tighter than mine. I have 1373 hours on my bh and it's kinda sloppy. 1000 hours more. I've been fixing it up as I go putting more money and time then a nicer one. It's been a great machine but everything comes at a cost.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:05 pm
by MattA
A nice 7020 loader was listed for $6500 locally last summer. Not sure about the actual sale price but it wasn't listed long.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:19 pm
by thebuildist
I see what you mean @Eugen .

When you put it that way, I totally agree.

Bob

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:41 am
by Eugen
Guys, the prices you got your diggers for are simply out of this world around here. In the last 3-4 years I have not seen even one 600 series with backhoe for sale, let alone at a good price. :thumbsup: :wave3:

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:48 pm
by Harry
Eugen, they don’t come up for sale much here either. The only lbh that I ever saw for sale, I bought the 644. The 7020 I knew about and it just happen to come up for sale. The 646 came up for sale twice. The first time someone got it and the two years later I purchased it from him. There has been othe Case 646’s with loaders but they were not in running condition. I figure if I ever sell any of mine I should get top dollar since they will be in working condition. :peace: Harry

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:24 pm
by Harry
I heard from the seller on the 7020 today, it’s been sold. Then he said he had two and he is keeping the other one. :43: :35: :$$: who own’s two 7020’s. :peace: Harry

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:25 pm
by Eugen
Harry wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:24 pm I heard from the seller if the 7020 today, it’s been sold. Then he said he had two and he is keeping the other one. :43: :35: :$$: who own’s two 7020’s. :peace: Harry
Haha! You know he sold the one with issues! :thumbsup: