Hemlock Case Guy

Please introduce yourself, your location, interests, etc.
ssmewing United States of America

Hemlock Case Guy

Post by ssmewing »

I am glad to join the new site that certainly looks like the old site. Thank you, Eugene.

I am one of those guys who knows a lot. But, I owe that totally to past forum members and threads. That means even though I know a lot, I know I will learn even more. You could deliver me a completely disassembled tractor and engine and I can put it back together and fix it. It just takes me longer than I wish. It is my hobby. So, I work on Case tractors for enjoyment

If you want to see some of my contributions I have a Facebook page and YouTube channel under Hemlock Case Guy.

I do have a popular linkage for the travel control valve that I call Case Ingersoll End Jumpy Tractor. I sell that on eBay. I buy the parts for it in batches of 100 and that allows me to sell it for a price that is the same as if you bought one of each part. It is customized in several ways that make the install easier. The eBay listing has all the information on it with links to the Youtube video.

I can tell you that I work on these great tractors quite a bit. And, I love the Onan engine and find that once you know how it all works it is a very predictable engine to keep going. Boomer and others have taught me quite a bit. I have yet to not return an Onan to perfect running condition.

I also do not "believe" in the merits of engine swaps and such. Just me, agreeing that Case chose the best engines and I certainly do not know better than the original engineers did. I do not yet agree with the electric fuel pumps as I have never had an issue with the OEM ones.

Having said all this, you can see me as a braggart and know it all, or someone who shares direct experience and knowledge. I have experienced both. I suppose if I used emoji's more my perceived tone would be more apparent. I have learned to shut up more than I used to when then comments go negative. I can only be me and can not control others.

I also have many other custom parts that you will find listed on Saginaw, MI Craigslist and Facebook Market Place. Some people just copy what I have done, and that is fine. Just don't expect me to detail everything for you. My time does have value. I do not have used parts or a cache of rare attachments. In fact, I only have a couple of tractors.

I currently have 1 4020PS and 1 4018PS. Both have 3 points with my version of a selector valve so that the mid-lift and 3 point operate independently. One of which I will sell eventually. I have a running and years-long ownership of a 1974 644 that I got completely disassembled and in need of major repairs. I also have a 1975 646 that needs a whole tractor overhaul. That will become my only loader once it is done. But, it is not even started yet. Then once that is done my goal is to have one with power steering.

Most winters and springs I am repairing tractors from all over Michigan for their owners. I used to buy, repair, and flip tractors. But, that changed after I did a few and people started asking to me fix their tractors. I am finding that the younger generation is gravitating toward these tractors often bringing me Dad's or Grandpa's old tractor. They just tell me to fix what needs fixing.

Steve
Spike188 Canada

Re: Hemlock Case Guy

Post by Spike188 »

This is a case where 2 and 2 make 4 but I had never put them to gather for a 224. Somewhere I missed that you are one and the same. I have visited all of your sites in the past few years.

I enjoyed your introduction.

(for Ann with and E fans of Anne of Green Gables, I am Eugen with and e)

Spike aka Eugene not to be confused with our site host Eugen :lol: :)) :)
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

Welcome, Steve. Good to have you here.
Tim :highfive:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
myerslawnandgarden United States of America

Post by myerslawnandgarden »

Hello Steve,

Good to see you here, I'm sure that your experience will be of great value to the members.

Bob
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Glad you have decided to join the forum, Steve. I'm sure your expertise and advice will help many here, and hope you'll find your experience here enjoyable too. :thumbsup:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
crazycase Great Britain

Post by crazycase »

myerslawnandgarden wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:31 pm Hello Steve,

Good to see you here, I'm sure that your experience will be of great value to the members.

Bob
Hello my friend could not agree more with what Bob :worship: said
You have gone out of your way to help other guys with there CCI Tractors :bee:
I wish I was a little closer to Ingersoll County that always cracks me up when I see that sign. :rofl:
Hope ya find a loader with power steering, with out it the loader can be a arm building experiment. :107:
:idea: I'm sure we will have more dealing in our future :arrow: for sure.
Thanks Steve for joining this new group of guys, fresh start for all of us. :54: :54:

cc
Seabee United States of America

Post by Seabee »

Welcome to the new site! Steve I have followed you on Craigs List every since I found you there. Even been tempted to buy from you but I need to finish the 4118 before I get into the one that needs your help. I have missed you on the other site occasionally. Welcome to the new site!

Bill Moyer
Bill Moyer
ssmewing United States of America

Post by ssmewing »

crazycase wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:10 pm
myerslawnandgarden wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:31 pm Hello Steve,

Bob
Hello my friend could not agree more with what Bob :worship: said
You have gone out of your way to help other guys with there CCI Tractors :bee:
I wish I was a little closer to Ingersoll County that always cracks me up when I see that sign. :rofl:
Hope ya find a loader with power steering, with out it the loader can be a arm building experiment. :107:
:idea: I'm sure we will have more dealing in our future :arrow: for sure.
Thanks Steve for joining this new group of guys, fresh start for all of us. :54: :54:

cc

I did recently get a late 648. For now no pictures.

The waiting for me to fix tractor parking is overfilled at this time.

The ones I get are from owners who are willing to just drop it off with the only instructions are to fix what needs fixing, and then wait for me to get it done. My perfect record is still intact.