Page 1 of 1

Hello from Webster NY

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:29 am
by ras101
Hi guys, been into Case high wheels since 2008 and now have three in my stable. A 1978 446 short frame that has become my go to winter tractor fitted with wheel weights, loaded front wheels, B&S 18hp engine and electric PTO, 48" updated snow caster. A 1987 444 that I am rebuilding from scratch from the frame up that has been languishing in my basement for several years now due to ill health but is now probably 80% complete and worthy of a paint job this year. I also have just been given a 1981 446 by a neighbor that just has a starting problem but work faultlessly last year and ran really sweat. It is ALL original with the exception of the solenoid and has a deck that is to die for.. I am also into graphic design and over the years created detailed and very accurate parts drawings of most parts for the 446/446 models. My current project is the Case cab and that has been in the works for a few years too long due to my illness but is probably 60% along now.
So some of you will know me (ras101) from other case forums as I am very vocal about transmission oils, etc. - Gordy, Harry, and others I look forward to interacting with you again.
Ray

Re: Hello from Webster NY

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:46 am
by Eugen
Welcome to our humble forum Ray, I for one am really glad you decided to join us and I hope you'll enjoy discussions with our friendly and knowledgeable members, many of whom you know already! Looking forward to seeing your tractors and what you're doing to them! :cheers:

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:56 am
by ras101
Thanks Eugen. Wish I had known about this site earlier.; Really think the other one, that will remain nameless has lost its way and that's a pity. Site owners really need to listen to their members before changing their site function. This site to me seems much more usable as a sharing site of ideas which I am sure members here want. Thank you for the welcome and I hope I can help other members here too.

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:21 pm
by propane1
Hello Ray, I’m from PEI, Canada. I have a 1975 Case 224 with mower deck, rusty one hehe, and a 48” snow caster , and a 1982 Case 446 with 48” snow caster.
Great site here and great members. Post some pictures some time of your collection.

I do a lot of rambling on here , so don’t mind me. :giggle: :giggle:

Noel

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:24 pm
by Eugen
ras101 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:56 am Thanks Eugen. Wish I had known about this site earlier.; Really think the other one, that will remain nameless has lost its way and that's a pity. Site owners really need to listen to their members before changing their site function. This site to me seems much more usable as a sharing site of ideas which I am sure members here want. Thank you for the welcome and I hope I can help other members here too.
@ras101 What you say resonates with many of us and that's why I took it upon me to make a site that is the way WE like it, not some suits that don't care about us. :D

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:15 pm
by Harry
Great to hear from you Ray, I hope all is going well for you. Sounds like you have some irons in the fire, a man after my own heart. Glad you joined this site and look forward to seeing pics of your GT's in the stable. I rarely get to Rochester but if I do I'll give you a shout!

Keep the Peace :cop: :cop:
Harry

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:38 pm
by Timj
:wave: Hi Ray, welcome to CCIGT, :highfive: sure glad you joined us, I think you'll fit right in. Great group here and we definitely have a little fun too. :D
It's good you're feeling better and getting back to your tractors. :thumbsup:
I only have one tractor, a 93 4118 that I bought new, but I've been waiting for the right older Case to come along.
:geek: Tim

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:44 pm
by Chad
Welcome Ray! Looking forward to your input and knowledge - lots of great folks here to be sure.

Chad

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:57 pm
by Spike188
Glad to see another familiar name show up on this site.

Welcome aboard.

Spike

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:39 pm
by Gordy
Welcome aboard Ray :wave3: Glad you final found us :smash:

:cheers:
Gordy

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:55 pm
by Gordy
Eugen wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:24 pm @ras101 What you say resonates with many of us and that's why I took it upon me to make a site that is the way WE like it, not some suits that don't care about us. :D
:cop: Calling them suits is a lot kinder than what I call them :cuss:

The general disruption of the site was bad enough, BUT many of the manuals are still gone, despite some of the guys trying to repost them.

Gordy

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:13 pm
by Eugen
Gordy wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:55 pm
The general disruption of the site was bad enough, BUT many of the manuals are still gone, despite some of the guys trying to repost them.

Gordy

We got all the manuals here though, and more. So, the community in the end is taken care of. Without a particular reason, just thought it'd be good to have a local copy of all manuals. Turns out that it was a good thing to do! :thumbsup:

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:48 pm
by DavidBarkey
Hi Ray , @ras101 . I also share the same sentiments about site that will remain nameless . I have been here since the beginnings . It is a good bunch of guys and Eugen keeps it friendly like it should be . I am also a bit of a nut Case . I have Frankie (446 on steroids ) The Bride of Frankenstein ,446 blower project , Fully restored 222. a 222 yet to be done and a limitless imagination . Also many other none Case old iron to be rebuilt some day . Your back ground in graffic will add nicely to the wealth of different skill sets here . Many of us understand health challenges and how that can slow progress of projects. Welcome aboard .

Dave

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:15 pm
by Harry
Nice to see you on this site Ray. As you know from some of my projects that you saw when you visited, I'm not the purist kind of guy. Sure I like the Case GT's but if I can make a change somewhere I'm going to do it. My machines are all to be used by me, not to sit back and admire them. I love to see the fabrication and changes that others have done to their own GT's too. Hope we cross paths again soon Ray!

Keep the Peace :cop:
Harry

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:01 am
by ras101
Hi Harry, I still think back on my visit to your workshop and the welders you have... I guess I need a trip along the Parkway this year..

Take care
Ray