Hello from Central Texas.

Please introduce yourself, your location, interests, etc.
oliver244 United States of America

Hello from Central Texas.

Post by oliver244 »

A few years ago I was on the other CCI Forum and recently learned of the changes.
All colors of GT's (except Sears) are somewhat sparse around here. I've just about traveled to all corners of Texas to fill my barn. Their an addiction! I lean towards the Red Wheelhorses and sure like my 2 Cases, but overall my project barn is very multi-color.

I have a Case 180 that I'm keeping original. It runs but sure needs its Kohler overhauled. I've found a dirt bike shop to bore my Kohlers, but haven't found anyone that will grind cranks around here.
It runs about 30 minutes on a spark plug before it oil fouls. I've found a dirt bike shop to bore my Kohlers, but haven't found anyone that will grind cranks around here. (so someday, so many projects)

I also have a basket case Case 130 that I'm slowly gathering parts for to restore. I'll start a thread about gathering parts for it.
IMG_1894.JPG
Thanks for having me!
Attachments
1965 Case 180 with flag DSC_3705.JPG
Timj United States of America

Re: Hello from Central Texas.

Post by Timj »

:wave: welcome to CCIGT @oliver244 glad to have you here. We have a few here that are into the old Case's and Colts. Hope you enjoy your time here and join in the fun. :highfive:
:geek: Tim
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Doublet United States of America

Post by Doublet »

oliver244 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:32 am A few years ago I was on the other CCI Forum and recently learned of the changes.
All colors of GT's (except Sears) are somewhat sparse around here. I've just about traveled to all corners of Texas to fill my barn. Their an addiction! I lean towards the Red Wheelhorses and sure like my 2 Cases, but overall my project barn is very multi-color.
I have a Case 180 that I'm keeping original. It runs but sure needs its Kohler overhauled. I've found a dirt bike shop to bore my Kohlers, but haven't found anyone that will grind cranks around here.
It runs about 30 minutes on a spark plug before it oil fouls. I've found a dirt bike shop to bore my Kohlers, but haven't found anyone that will grind cranks around here. (so someday, so many projects)
I also have a basket case Case 130 that I'm slowly gathering parts for to restore. I'll start a thread about gathering parts for it.
IMG_1894.JPG

Thanks for having me!
Welcome @oliver244 , I think you will find this place a lot friendlier than it was before. It wasn't so much with the old members as it was with the administration. Personally I liked it when they started a good glowing discussion about the tractors. It ended up badly for everyone concerned, I didn't always agree with what some of them said, but they all had certain things to add and make you think about it. The administrator of the current board wants it to be the best it can be. Not commercial but down home and friendly.

I see your from Marble Falls, Texas. That is about 350 miles South of where I live. Exactly what parts are you needing for your 180 or 130's. I might could help. If I don't have them Someone close to me may have.

Doublet (Terry) :usa:
"It is all about the history of the tractors. "One tractor at a time"
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Big welcome to our new site @oliver244 ! We will certainly not hold it against you having many tractors of different types, God knows I also would if I could. I like old Wheel horses too!

BTW, that picture of the tractor with the flag :usa: is simply amazing!!! Hope you enjoy being here and talking tractors of all types, as much as we do. :cheers:

Feel free to post about any of your tractors, we have an area on the forum for that too! :spin:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Welcome aboard @oliver244 . I am not much help with the older Cases (no experiance yet , but sure do enjoy watching the progress of others . I do like a lot of the older iron . It would be nice to see what you have .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

Hello @oliver244 and welcome to the group.

I have a smaller local performance shop, he does alot of car and truck engines. And he is willing to do small engines also. Maybe check some of them out, if they don't do small engines maybe they know someone that will.

:cheers:
Gordy