Page 1 of 1

New to Case/Ingersoll game

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:40 pm
by Vivala446
Hey guys, just joined this board all the way from west Kentucky. I bought my first Case, a '77 446 back in October. I've wanted one since I was a kid but so far it's been nothing but trouble. I haven't given up hope yet. So far I've rebuilt the deck and managed to mow half my yard before it started losing power which was due to it only running on 1 cylinder. I have rebuilt the engine and not I'm having issues getting it to start (which I detailed in a separate post). I haven't decided for sure which direction I'm going to go in with it but any help or tips would be appreciated!
:creeper:

Re: New to Case/Ingersoll game

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:25 pm
by Eugen
Welcome to the forum, I think you came totally to the right place! Once you get that 446 going you'll love it, I'm sure. Lots of experienced guys here that can help. :cheers:

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:29 pm
by Timj
:wave: welcome to CCIGT, glad to have you here. We have some good engine experience here, so hopefully we can help you make your tractor the machine you've dreamed about. :highfive: Enjoy your time here.
:geek: Tim

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:30 pm
by Spike188
@Vivala446 Welcome to the site. My first Case Gt was a 444, with deck and snowcaster. The previous owner of the 444 also had a 448 with 3pth and pto. I bought it later and discovered it was missing a rod but the piston was still in the cylinder. Missing a rod means they had pulled the pan and removed the broken rod and left the piston in. BURNED :violin:

You are not the first to have the broken rod experience. You are in good company.

Spike

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:41 pm
by Vivala446
I appreciate the welcome from everyone! Hopefully I will be able to get it going again without too much trouble or $$. I thank you all for your help and patience in advance and ask for forgiveness for my lack of knowledge.

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:39 pm
by DavidBarkey
Vivala446 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:41 pm I appreciate the welcome from everyone! Hopefully I will be able to get it going again without too much trouble or $$. I thank you all for your help and patience in advance and ask for forgiveness for my lack of knowledge.
Welcome Vivala446 , we all started with zero knowledge of these things at one point in our lives .

Dave

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:07 pm
by Chad
Welcome! Lots of helpful and friendly people here and I'm sure you will get your 446 running well soon!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:11 pm
by Doublet
Welcome to the forum.

I believe you will like it a lot and learn much about the Colts Case Ingersoll brands of garden tractors. There is a lot of information on this site but if they do not know an answer to your questions, they are willing to help you research it.

I have been dealing with these tractors for several years but I just recently joined the forum. I am still exploring the site and I like what I have seen so far. There are some heavy duty Colt Case Ingersoll collectors in your area, so you shouldn't have much problems finding parts. There are several dealers here on site also.

Enjoy the site.

Doublet (Terry) :usa: :canada: :highfive: