New to Case/Ingersoll game

Please introduce yourself, your location, interests, etc.
Vivala446 United States of America

New to Case/Ingersoll game

Post by Vivala446 »

Hey guys, just joined this board all the way from west Kentucky. I bought my first Case, a '77 446 back in October. I've wanted one since I was a kid but so far it's been nothing but trouble. I haven't given up hope yet. So far I've rebuilt the deck and managed to mow half my yard before it started losing power which was due to it only running on 1 cylinder. I have rebuilt the engine and not I'm having issues getting it to start (which I detailed in a separate post). I haven't decided for sure which direction I'm going to go in with it but any help or tips would be appreciated!
:creeper:
Eugen Canada

Re: New to Case/Ingersoll game

Post by Eugen »

Welcome to the forum, I think you came totally to the right place! Once you get that 446 going you'll love it, I'm sure. Lots of experienced guys here that can help. :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

:wave: welcome to CCIGT, glad to have you here. We have some good engine experience here, so hopefully we can help you make your tractor the machine you've dreamed about. :highfive: Enjoy your time here.
:geek: Tim
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Spike188 Canada

Post by Spike188 »

@Vivala446 Welcome to the site. My first Case Gt was a 444, with deck and snowcaster. The previous owner of the 444 also had a 448 with 3pth and pto. I bought it later and discovered it was missing a rod but the piston was still in the cylinder. Missing a rod means they had pulled the pan and removed the broken rod and left the piston in. BURNED :violin:

You are not the first to have the broken rod experience. You are in good company.

Spike
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
Vivala446 United States of America

Post by Vivala446 »

I appreciate the welcome from everyone! Hopefully I will be able to get it going again without too much trouble or $$. I thank you all for your help and patience in advance and ask for forgiveness for my lack of knowledge.
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Vivala446 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:41 pm I appreciate the welcome from everyone! Hopefully I will be able to get it going again without too much trouble or $$. I thank you all for your help and patience in advance and ask for forgiveness for my lack of knowledge.
Welcome Vivala446 , we all started with zero knowledge of these things at one point in our lives .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Chad Canada

Post by Chad »

Welcome! Lots of helpful and friendly people here and I'm sure you will get your 446 running well soon!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Doublet United States of America

Post by Doublet »

Welcome to the forum.

I believe you will like it a lot and learn much about the Colts Case Ingersoll brands of garden tractors. There is a lot of information on this site but if they do not know an answer to your questions, they are willing to help you research it.

I have been dealing with these tractors for several years but I just recently joined the forum. I am still exploring the site and I like what I have seen so far. There are some heavy duty Colt Case Ingersoll collectors in your area, so you shouldn't have much problems finding parts. There are several dealers here on site also.

Enjoy the site.

Doublet (Terry) :usa: :canada: :highfive:
"It is all about the history of the tractors. "One tractor at a time"