Hello from Iowa

Please introduce yourself, your location, interests, etc.
cudakid67 United States of America

Hello from Iowa

Post by cudakid67 »

Hi All - Joining the group so that I can disperse my garden tractor collection from the last 20 years. Kids, old mopars and other hobbies have moved to the top of my list over time so I'm getting out of the game. I'll be listing some items in the for sale section, please feel free to reach out to me. I've got a 155 I'm parting out as well as some original case attachments for it. Also have a 646 that needs a new home and a blade and deck from a 446 we had years ago.

Located in Eastern Iowa and would prefer local pickup but willing to ship smaller parts off the tractor. Thanks for allowing me to join, I've been lurking on many garden tractor forums for years and still have a love for the tractors, just not the right time in my life for them now, hopefully someday I can jump back in.

Jaden
Riverside, IA
Eugen Canada

Re: Hello from Iowa

Post by Eugen »

Welcome to the forum Jaden! Hopefully some here will "help" you get rid of what you no longer need.

I myself understand the sentiment having had to give up on other hobbies when kids and other responsibilities became the focus of my life. If you haven't done so yet, you may also want to join the other Case forum you will find at this address:

https://www.casecoltingersoll.com/

These days Facebook marketplace has become one of the best places to buy and sell equipment, so you may want to give it a try as well. There is also a Case group on Facebook, very active too. I'm listing all these in the hope that it is helpful.

If you were closer to us (in Canada) I know for a fact that the loader tractor and possibly all other equipment you have for sale would gather a lot of interest!!! Wish you the best of luck!
Eugen

P.S. Feel free to list your wares in the Buy and Sell section with plenty of pictures! :D
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Seabee United States of America

Post by Seabee »

Jaden,

Welcome to the site! I understand the giving up some previous hobbies while the kids grow up. My Studebaker Avanti has been sitting for several years while my Case Ingersoll Hobby gets under control a bit more! My Avanti is the 13th one built, and it needs attention to be driveable, again.

One time I had a conference in Davenport, IA and drug my trailer all the way to Western, IL, and left it while I was in Iowa. On the way home I picked the trailer up in Western, IL and it had a 446 with 48" deck, and a 60" deck on it. The 446 wasn't running. Within a week of getting it home the 446 was running strong after a new set of wires, and had the 60" deck on it as it left my house. That 446 was running stronger with the 60 deck than the 448 I was using on a 60" deck. I knew my 448 was needing help, but the 446 showed that the 448 was needing a bit more help than I had thought!

I was originally planning to sell the 446 with a 48" deck on it, but the guy wanted that 60" deck. I wasn't so sure the 446 would do a good job with the bigger deck based on what my 448 was doing with the 60" deck. The 446 was a "Black Frame" with the original engine in it,

Question! Why is it I find these things with the wires burned off of them, and there are no fuses in the harness? From the factory they had fuses during that era!

Bill
Bill Moyer
crazycase Great Britain

Post by crazycase »

Hello from Iowa :wave2:
Sure sorry to hear your getting out of this great hobby
I understand your decision the older we get the harder it is to get up off that cold floor :creeper:
were not as flexible as we use to be :arrow: :idea:
If I were you I'd post here on the Buy and Sell Section, never hurts getting your treasures some screen time :bee:
lots of people look all over the interweb :wave3: for Case and Ingersoll parts and pieces :446cart:

cc :cheers: