Bill from Coldwater, Michigan

Please introduce yourself, your location, interests, etc.
Seabee United States of America

Re: Bill from Coldwater, Michigan

Post by Seabee »

Steve, After I got off of this site last night I went looking for something. While I was looking I found I had bookmarked your Facebook Market place listing from a bit back. I had seen several of your ads and even book marked one of them but hadn't made a move on contacting you. Because of seeing your listings I had been thinking what A loss we had experienced with your being banned. Oh well water under the ...... Anyway, Welcome to the site!! Glad you are over here.

Bill
Bill Moyer
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

ssmewing wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:03 am
The man who had the most knowledge and paper history of this whole tractor line passed earlier this year, Tom Arnold. Some of us have tried to get information on what is going to happen with his unknown collection, he kept that private, and any other history. We have all tried to search for information on his estate. So, far, nothing.
I believe one of our members here ( @crazycase ?) tried to contact Tom's daughter. He was located here in Ontario. A pity I haven't gotten a chance to meet him. We'll try to carry on his legacy though! This site will not be bought by Toronto yuppies.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

ssmewing wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:03 am
Gordy wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:02 pm Hi Bill,
Welcome aboard. With your absence on the other board,I was starting to fear you had done a Gator (passed away) on us :(( Glad to see you are OK.

:cheers:
Gordy
Gator passed? Sorry to hear that. I have had dealings with him in the past and he certainly will be missed. I even sent him 6 D10's on a pallet once.

The man who had the most knowledge and paper history of this whole tractor line passed earlier this year, Tom Arnold. Some of us have tried to get information on what is going to happen with his unknown collection, he kept that private, and any other history. We have all tried to search for information on his estate. So, far, nothing.
Here is the link to Gator RIP.

https://www.casecoltingersoll.com/threa ... ost-762208

Gordy
myerslawnandgarden United States of America

Post by myerslawnandgarden »

RIP Tom Arnold, I did not know.

Thank you for that information, the knowledge that these gentlemen had is forever lost.

Bob
ssmewing United States of America

Post by ssmewing »

Seabee wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:30 pm Steve, After I got off of this site last night I went looking for something. While I was looking I found I had bookmarked your Facebook Market place listing from a bit back. I had seen several of your ads and even book marked one of them but hadn't made a move on contacting you. Because of seeing your listings I had been thinking what A loss we had experienced with your being banned. Oh well water under the ...... Anyway, Welcome to the site!! Glad you are over here.

Bill

The old site and its current management have certainly caused division in the CCI world. I know of many previously active guys who have given up and no longer are on any forums. They are all great guys and huge fans of these tractors who were very helpful and active posters. I think all the former moderators from Tom's site Hydriv.ca are dormant or banned from the old site. There are many moderators on the old site that did not like Tom and then because I was associated with Tom, I was not exactly welcome. But, I am also a very direct guy. You just have to remember I am helping by posting, I could have kept to myself, before you think I am being a $hit head.
ssmewing United States of America

Post by ssmewing »

[/quote]

Gordy
[/quote]

Wow, 15 whole posts on Gator passing? How things have changed. 10 years ago that would have been very different. Sad.
Seabee United States of America

Post by Seabee »

There were a couple times that Gator was very difficult to understand. Once or twice I even translated his post because someone couldn't understand what he had posted. Lots of knowledge! Sad to see him pass, but we will all die sometime. What are we doing between now and the end? That is where we will leave our mark!

Have a great day!

Bill Moyer
Last edited by Seabee on Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Moyer
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

ssmewing wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:57 am

Gordy
[/quote]

Wow, 15 whole posts on Gator passing? How things have changed. 10 years ago that would have been very different. Sad.
[/quote]

Remember that after the big site change (F--- up) the site really slowed down for awhile. But has been slowly picking up again.

Gordy
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

Seabee wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:12 pm There were a couple times that Gator was very difficult to understand. Once or twice I even translated his post because someone couldn't understand what he had posted. Lots of knowledge! Sad to see him pass, but we will all die sometime. What are we going between now and the end? That is where we will leave our mark!

Have a great day!

Bill Moyer
A couple of years ago when I first joined the group, I thought holy moly what is this guy saying.
It didn't take long to figure out that he knew his stuff and how to read between his lines.

The nature of forums makes it hard to know what happened when someone abruptly disappears.
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace: