Page 1 of 1

New member introduction

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:14 am
by RyanD90
Hi All,

New member, I'm Ryan. I am joining because im hoping to finally purchase a case high wheel tractor. My hobbies includes gardening, b-body GM cars, old trucks, welding and machining, minor woodworking.

I am a Millwright by trade and own a small engine repair shop. I have a passion for Hydraulics which is why these tractors appeal to me. I have owned and currently own some IH cubs but am looking for some variety. I am located in Ontario, Canada

Re: New member introduction

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:59 am
by Eugen
Welcome to the forum Ryan, by your interests sounds like you've landed at the right place. :D We got a good group :canada: and :usa: guys, with similar interests and activities. We're a pretty easy going group and while the main subject here is Case garden tractors, we also like working and discussing all kinds of tractors and cars and trucks and what not. If it fires or turns or digs we tend to like it. :D Anyway, we'd love see pictures and hear about your projects if you join in the discussions but no pressure, feel free to do what your time and mood allows. :cheers:

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:34 pm
by DavidBarkey
Hi Ryan . Welcome to the forum and enjoy your time here . There have been a number of Case Gts for sale on market place over the last month. Hope you find what you are looking for .

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:44 pm
by RoamingGnome
Howdy Ryan :wave2:
Welcome, a friendly word of caution though, these Case/Ingersoll tractors are like peanuts... It's really hard to have only one. :))
There are a few of us in Ontario, I'm in the Hamilton area, but slowly my Garden tractors are migrating to our property north of Perth - I think I wore some grooves on the 401 driving back and forth last year! :spin:

:cheers:
Gerry

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:45 pm
by Harry
Welcome Ryan, with your skills and interests your a perfect fit here. I’m sure you’ll find the right Case GT that your looking for and maybe a few others that you just can’t resist. We are are a friendly group of guys who like to share our hobbies and a little kidding along the way. Hope you enjoy your time here. :peace: Harry

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:42 pm
by Timj
:wave: Hi Ryan, welcome to CCIGT, it's good to have you here. Sounds like you'll fit in. Happy hunting for high wheel tractor. :thumbsup: Hope you enjoy your time here and join in. :highfive:
:geek: Tim

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:44 pm
by JSinMO
Welcome Ryan! Hope you find the high wheel you looking for. I’m betting there’s more than one in your future! That’s what happened to me!

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:58 pm
by thebuildist
Welcome, Ryan! 'Sounds like you'll fit right in here with the rest of us.

It's hard to say if that's a compliment or not!

:rofl:

Bob

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:29 pm
by Spike188
@RyanD90 Ryan welcome to the group. Over the past 15 years I have noticed you are near some Case and Ingersol Hotspot. Terpstra Equipment in Prince Edward County was once the largest Simplicity dealer in Canada. Terpstra use list trade-in Case units. Also there seems to be a hot spot about 15 miles north of Kingston.

You are in a great spot for building a herd of Case/Ingersol snow eaters

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:45 pm
by CaseIngersollNE
Welcome from caseingersolltractors.com you will like this group for sure! As stated I can tell by the bit of info you told us about yourself you will get one and there will me more not far behinds lol. Let us know if we can answer any questions or help in any way. We have tons of info on our site as well as a store. But we also have a YouTube channel with lots of how to videos, in action videos, reviews etc. By the way good name. Ryan

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:05 pm
by RyanD90
Thanks for the kind welcome. I just purchased a (I think) 1976 case 444. It has the original owners manual and manual for the j44 deck. It runs on spray, fuel pump leaks, needs tune up, has a car battery installed on rear. Deck is seized up ftom a 15 year hiatus. Overall though it's in good condition. All the tires are original and hold air, even has the original seat! Looking forward to getting it ready for mowing.

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:14 pm
by Timj
:clap: your off to a good start, nice looking tractor. :69:

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:43 pm
by JSinMO
Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing you getting it tuned up and back to work! :thumbsup:

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:26 pm
by myerslawnandgarden
Hello Ryan,

Does look like a 1976 production year as you've mentioned. Looks to be a survivor and can be made into a nice working tractor or collector's piece with little work.

First thing I would do is get those big washers on the bottom side of the motor mount cushions where they belong.

Good luck with your project,

Bob
Myers Lawn and Garden
247 W. Lincoln Ave.
Hinckley, IL 60520
(815)286-3920
sales@casegardentractorparts.com
www.casegardentractorparts.com

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:19 pm
by RyanD90
Thanks, I didn't notice the washers. I actually bought this off my co-worker who bought it from the original owner, the original owner has since passed away and apparently a snowcaster was left behind. I may try to recover that somehow. My plan is to getting it functional again, tune up, oil change etc. The tin is very straight on it. I also own a IH Cub Cadet 982 that this tractor will be relieving of duties for awhile because it needs some major work (Relief valves need rebuilt, lots of leaks etc). In comparison to my 982 the tin work is in significantly better condition. I am going to have to do some digging on why they installed a car battery on the rear, maybe they did this to aid for weight with snow caster.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Seems like the Case community is pretty good!

:creeper:

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:32 am
by propane1
Welcome Ryan. Great group here. Lot of information. Nice looking tractor. Hopefully you get the snowcaster for it. That 982 cub cadet is no slouch. Super garden tractor.
I have a 1982 Case 446, 1975 Case 224, plus other garden tractors.
Have a great time with it. :wave:

Noel

Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:49 pm
by ssmewing
RyanD90 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:19 pm Thanks, I didn't notice the washers. I actually bought this off my co-worker who bought it from the original owner, the original owner has since passed away and apparently a snowcaster was left behind. I may try to recover that somehow. My plan is to getting it functional again, tune up, oil change etc. The tin is very straight on it. I also own a IH Cub Cadet 982 that this tractor will be relieving of duties for awhile because it needs some major work (Relief valves need rebuilt, lots of leaks etc). In comparison to my 982 the tin work is in significantly better condition. I am going to have to do some digging on why they installed a car battery on the rear, maybe they did this to aid for weight with snow caster.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Seems like the Case community is pretty good!

:creeper:
My experience when I fixed the car battery situation was that the charging system was not working. The bigger battery just gave them more time before it needed to be recharged.

The parts manual is easy to Google and really helps to show where the parts go. Searching for a part with the part number helps in finding the part. But, having the part number, buying the part online, and buying the cheap knock-off parts is not a part that is nearly as good as the original part. Often, guys fall for "the deal" and find out they will get to fix it twice. The dealers can get you the original quality at a fair price. If the tractor had been originally made with parts made in China, you would not have had a tractor to enjoy anymore. You already had a dealer say hi to you, so give him a call.