Glad to have found this Case Board

Please introduce yourself, your location, interests, etc.
Grayelve United States of America

Glad to have found this Case Board

Post by Grayelve »

Hello All My name is Russ and my handle is Grayelve. Living in the snow belt at the Eastern end of Lake Erie (Hamburg, NY) which keeps me and my little bear 224 pushing a 38" caster pretty busy this time of year. Was following a 448 in my area which lead me here, still looking for the right one.
Retired in 2002 as an electronic tech who got terminal cancer but decided to hang around. Spent a couple few years after that trekking nature's wilderness then the second round in 2012 grounded me when they took a lung. Moving a little slower now days. I've contracted a fair amount of carpentry, concrete, electrical and fabrication workover the years. Spent several years moon lighting in an engine machine shop having weekends at the nearby circle track up till retiring and my buddy's young wife dumped him and blew in the shop's existence. I am always getting into something and it's my nature to tinker and make things and make them work for some reason or another. Ask an old fart like me something and You gotta know I will start running at the mouth but you never know it just might be worth listening to. So, looks like a bunch of good Casers here and this is me. :hug:
Eugen Canada

Re: Glad to have found this Case Board

Post by Eugen »

Russ, I appreciate you telling us a little about yourself, I think you're in good company here. Before anything else I pray to God that the nasty illness leaves you alone. Sounds like you have a lot of experience tinkering. Think of this place like a shop where we hang around with a beer or whatever else anyone drinks in hand while one guy's full of grease wrenching on his tractor! We're all happy to throw in all kinds of ideas while that poor guy entertains everyone with his repair adventures. While it may not be an entirely accurate account, we do like keeping things light and try to crack a smile. Big welcome again, and let's :creeper:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

Howdy Russ! :wave2:
Welcome aboard, there is always room for one more person around the work bench in our virtual garage. @Eugen description is pretty accurate, always lots of friendly helpful advice to be found here.

Take Care, looking forward to hearing more from you! :cheers:
Gerry
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

Russ great to hear from you and your interesting life you’ve lived. Sorry to hear about your health situation. Sounds like you’re my kinds a guy with all the tinkering you’ve done over the years. With you living in Hamburg and myself in Lockport. We can get together and chat. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

@Grayelve Russ welcome glad to have you onboard . Eugen pretty much summed it up .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Hello Russ. Great to have you here. Great introduction. Jumpins that old cancer is nasty stuff.
Show us a few pictures of your tractor when ever you get time. We like seeing other peoples tractors and attachments. Take care.

Noel
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

@Grayelve Hello Russ, and welcome! Glad you made through that rough sickness. Like @Eugen said if you like to tinker you’ve come to the right place! I also seem to find myself tinkering with all sorts of junk, I mean rusty gold! Lucky these guys give me a lot of leeway!

Looking forward to seeing what your working on!
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

Welcome to CCIGT Russ :clap: it's good to have you here. :highfive: hope you enjoy your time here and join in. :thumbsup: The 448 is a great tractor, keep looking, the right one for you will come along. :cheers:
:geek: Tim
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
CaseIngersollNE United States of America

Post by CaseIngersollNE »

Welcome from caseingersolltractors.com we are in CT so nice to see other fellow North Easterners here! Great tight and friendly group here you should enjoy it for sure! Thanks for the intro always nice to know a little about everyone you are talking and dealing with makes it more personal and real lol. Enjoy!