Page 1 of 1

new guy to the forum

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:52 pm
by keith
hello and thanks for allowing me to join this impressive forum. i am the new owner of a 1979 case 446 with a snow castor, mowing deck and plow blade. the onan engine was replaced to a bf model and has a broken connecting rod. i have the b43 in a box of parts it came with.so i will be researching for info and maybe suggestions sometime soon. thanks again. keith, from sault ste marie ontario canada

Re: new guy to the forum

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:18 pm
by Eugen
Great to have you join us Keith! My 446 has the bf engine runs strong. There are guys here who know a lot about these engines so I think you'll find a solution for whatever you need. :cheers:

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:29 pm
by Timj
:wave: Hi Keith, welcome to CCIGT, glad to have you here. Hope you enjoy your time here and join in the fun. :highfive:
:geek: tim

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:20 pm
by propane1
Hello Keith. Welcome. I have a 1982 Case 446 and a 1975 Case 224. Both have snow casters. 224 has a mowing deck too, but rusted. I also have 9 other garden tractors. Hope you enjoy your self here. I tend to ramble at times, but don’t mind me.

Noel.

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:40 pm
by DavidBarkey
@keith Welcome aboard , Both side of the border :canada: :usa: are represented well here . I also have a few Cases among other yard vehicles . In Waverley Ont.

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:05 pm
by keith
don't know how i did it but i thought i clicked on the canadian flag.lol

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:13 pm
by Eugen
keith wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:05 pm don't know how i did it but i thought i clicked on the canadian flag.lol
Yeah, the Afghan flag totally confused me. I'll try and fix it for you. Done :thumbsup:

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:35 pm
by keith
thank you Eugen. :cheers:

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:53 pm
by JSinMO
Hello Keith. Welcome! A lot of good people here to help you and a lot of technical data if you need it. I think I’m safe in saying we like pictures! If you can, show us that Case!

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:58 pm
by Spike188
@keith Did you know that Case Colt and Ingersoll gt's are a bit like potato chips? You can't stop at just one. My first one was a 444. Then a 448 came up for sale nearby. It is a 448 with 3 pt and pto. It pulled a tiller ok but would stall and die cutting grass. :creeper: 1 cylinder had zero compression requiring the head to be pulled off. I expected to find heavely carboned valves but the piston was not moving. Compressed air was applied to the crankcase through the oil fill tube. :headbash: #1 piston launched and bounced off the garage wall. A previous owner had removed the connecting rod, making an Onan twin a 1 lung folly.

You are in luck with yours because CCI gt's come up regularly on Kijiji in your area. Be forewarned that an 8 hour drive to haul home another tractor of you dreams will not be of concern here. Many of us started with 1 then 2 then 3 and .....

I could say I am sorry to hear of your purchase but since you found this site, :cheers: welcome aboard. We are more than willing to share our knowledge. I am Spike188 aka Eugene and now have a yard full.

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:32 am
by Harry
Welcome to the CCIGT site Keith. I believe you'll like it here on the site. We not only share our tractor experiences but also have some fun in the process. Yes, as Spike has mentioned these old metal Case tractors have a way of finding new homes. Please post some pics of your 446 when you can find the time, we all enjoy them.

Keep the :peace: :cop:
Harry

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:43 am
by thebuildist
Welcome Keith!

You're the first Case-owning Afghani-Canadian I've encountered, and I'm glad to make your acquaintance! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hope you get your machine straightened out soon. You'll find everyone here happy to help.

Bob

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:06 pm
by keith
thanks Bob you made my day! :))

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:52 pm
by MattA
Welcome Keith :cheers:

Anybody have Boomers contact info for Keith? Boomer was a guy on the old site that supplied Onan parts.

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:25 pm
by Eugen
MattA wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:52 pm Welcome Keith :cheers:

Anybody have Boomers contact info for Keith? Boomer was a guy on the old site that supplied Onan parts.
If he needs it I have his email address.

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:51 pm
by Harry
Robert "Boomer" Kummer 651-437-2826

Keep the :peace: :cop:
Harry

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:00 pm
by Spike188
I have purchased enough parts for a complete restoration of the onan in a 646Bh. Oversized pistons, camshaft, valves and guides, starter brushes and bushings, and gaskets. You may have the advantage of shipment to a drop across the boarder from you and save on customs. I try to bundle orders then pick them up when visiting family in the US.

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:44 pm
by keith
Spike, it's a short drive across the bridge to beautiful Michigan .My wife and I have done this pre covid restrictions to pick up orders there. I can't believe how much the members are willing to help already. Pics will come in time, cleaning the yard and getting ready for the changing season. Trying to find info on my own here, so I am prepared to ask questions with some basic knowledge of the subject. cheers everyone! keith