New member introduction

Please introduce yourself, your location, interests, etc.
RyanD90 Canada

Re: New member introduction

Post by RyanD90 »

Thanks for the kind welcome. I just purchased a (I think) 1976 case 444. It has the original owners manual and manual for the j44 deck. It runs on spray, fuel pump leaks, needs tune up, has a car battery installed on rear. Deck is seized up ftom a 15 year hiatus. Overall though it's in good condition. All the tires are original and hold air, even has the original seat! Looking forward to getting it ready for mowing.
Attachments
20240204_162840.jpg
IMG_0602.jpg
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

:clap: your off to a good start, nice looking tractor. :69:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing you getting it tuned up and back to work! :thumbsup:
myerslawnandgarden United States of America

Post by myerslawnandgarden »

Hello Ryan,

Does look like a 1976 production year as you've mentioned. Looks to be a survivor and can be made into a nice working tractor or collector's piece with little work.

First thing I would do is get those big washers on the bottom side of the motor mount cushions where they belong.

Good luck with your project,

Bob
Myers Lawn and Garden
247 W. Lincoln Ave.
Hinckley, IL 60520
(815)286-3920
sales@casegardentractorparts.com
www.casegardentractorparts.com
RyanD90 Canada

Post by RyanD90 »

Thanks, I didn't notice the washers. I actually bought this off my co-worker who bought it from the original owner, the original owner has since passed away and apparently a snowcaster was left behind. I may try to recover that somehow. My plan is to getting it functional again, tune up, oil change etc. The tin is very straight on it. I also own a IH Cub Cadet 982 that this tractor will be relieving of duties for awhile because it needs some major work (Relief valves need rebuilt, lots of leaks etc). In comparison to my 982 the tin work is in significantly better condition. I am going to have to do some digging on why they installed a car battery on the rear, maybe they did this to aid for weight with snow caster.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Seems like the Case community is pretty good!

:creeper:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Welcome Ryan. Great group here. Lot of information. Nice looking tractor. Hopefully you get the snowcaster for it. That 982 cub cadet is no slouch. Super garden tractor.
I have a 1982 Case 446, 1975 Case 224, plus other garden tractors.
Have a great time with it. :wave:

Noel