Beet Juice balast

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
FUTZ Canada

Beet Juice balast

Post by FUTZ »

Anyone know where to get Beet Juice in southern ON? Green Tractor (pardon me!) use to have, but talked to young (green) guy on order desk, and he had no idea what I was talking about.

Same as Rimgard.
crazycase Great Britain

Re: Beet Juice balast

Post by crazycase »

FUTZ wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:52 am Anyone know where to get Beet Juice in southern ON? Green Tractor (pardon me!) use to have, but talked to young (green) guy on order desk, and he had no idea what I was talking about.

Same as Rimgard.
\

Does that surprise you, it does not have a deer part number?
Find yourself a AG Store or co op farm & fleet might be able to help you
https://www.agdaily.com/technology/rim- ... st-option/
Image by Chekyravaa, Shutterstock
Why ballast at all?
Experienced operators already know the answer, of course, but some just starting out may not fully understand the problem until they attempt plowing snow on a sheet of ice. Or, if they get stuck in a swampy mud. The fact is, tractors, combines, bulldozers, and just about any piece of commercial equipment has significantly more power than their frame weight can utilize. By adding weight to the tires or the frame, one can heighten the machine’s traction and prevent wheel slippage. This doesn’t just maximize power and efficiency, but it also prevents damage to the tires. Properly ballasting the tires can significantly increase machine efficiency both in terms of performance and time in field.

Every machine has a slightly different set of weight requirements, and before adding liquid ballast to the tires it’s wise to check the specifications and find that sweet spot between too little and too much. And with a little due diligence it may become clear, that the sweet spot in question tastes a lot like sugar beets.
Image by Chekyravaa, Shutterstock
Why ballast at all?
Experienced operators already know the answer, of course, but some just starting out may not fully understand the problem until they attempt plowing snow on a sheet of ice. Or, if they get stuck in a swampy mud. The fact is, tractors, combines, bulldozers, and just about any piece of commercial equipment has significantly more power than their frame weight can utilize. By adding weight to the tires or the frame, one can heighten the machine’s traction and prevent wheel slippage. This doesn’t just maximize power and efficiency, but it also prevents damage to the tires. Properly ballasting the tires can significantly increase machine efficiency both in terms of performance and time in field.

Every machine has a slightly different set of weight requirements, and before adding liquid ballast to the tires it’s wise to check the specifications and find that sweet spot between too little and too much. And with a little due diligence it may become clear, that the sweet spot in question tastes a lot like sugar beets.

crazycase :cheers:
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

I would think that tire dealers that do ag service would be the place to start. My tire guy has a tank of it in his truck all the time.
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

I have not seen it in my travels so far . Everyone up here uses RV antifreeze or calcium in tubes .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
BobAfton United States of America

Post by BobAfton »

Here is the website for Rim Guard. It states that they have dealers in 6 Canadian Provinces:
https://www.rimguardsolutions.com/find-a-dealer/
Bob
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

I used RV antifreeze in mine. It's supposed to be safe on plastics and metals. So I figure it ought to be fairly innocuous.

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

The only advantage of beetle juice is some more weight?
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:10 pm The only advantage of beetle juice is some more weight?
Ya Beetle Juice give more wieght in the afterlife .
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
FUTZ Canada

Post by FUTZ »

I think Crazycase was right, it didn't have a part number, so he was lost. I emailed Rim-Guard to ask for local distributors, and they said Green Tractor. So I phoned back to GT and asked for service. They said, "I'll send you to parts", I said "No No No, they sent me to you!" so she transferred me to some guy in the shop. He said, "Oh yeah, we have it, but I don't know if I have a tow motor operator to lift the tote, I'll call you back". Well he did call me back and I took my own pails and fill them.

It turns out that now they sell wheat juice, because sugars in the beet juice that "Rim-Guard" was selling was causing rims to oxidize.
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Correct me if I am wrong . But all these "juices" are fermented . Contain alcohol of some form .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder