Page 1 of 1

Rototiller tines

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:11 pm
by myerslawnandgarden
Good news,

The C13833 and C13834 tines that have been on backorder for over a year are finally here! Orders are being shipped out in the order received, all should be on the way by the end of the week.

Thanks to all for your patience,

Bob

Re: Rototiller tines

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:56 pm
by Spike188
Bob, @myerslawnandgarden

I need to order a complete set of tines for a j-70 tiller.
tiller.jpg
PM me with price and shipment to Oklahoma.

Spring will be here soon, I think. :creeper:

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:14 pm
by myerslawnandgarden
PM sent

Thanks,

Bob

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:41 pm
by Spike188
The 41" tillers take 12 LH and 12 RH tines

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:11 am
by DavidBarkey
Spike188 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:56 pm Bob, @myerslawnandgarden

I need to order a complete set of tines for a j-70 tiller. tiller.jpg

Bob @myerslawnandgarden I and a few other of us in Southern Ont. :canada: have the same tiller . Could you get us a rough estimate on a complete set shipped to Midland Ont. :canada: Each persons would be a little different on shipping but would be close enough to know how many piggy banks to break open . No rush , just when you have time .

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:50 am
by Spike188
Dave, Bob has shipped other parts to my family in Oklahoma. That saves me customs and FedExpencive, or UPoorSucker charges. I will be doing a parts run soon. If you decide to make an order, look at shipping them to Oklahoma, and Ii could freight them back to Ontario.

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:52 am
by DavidBarkey
Spike188 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:50 am Dave, Bob has shipped other parts to my family in Oklahoma. That saves me customs and FedExpencive, or UPoorSucker charges. I will be doing a parts run soon. If you decide to make an order, look at shipping them to Oklahoma, and Ii could freight them back to Ontario.
Thanks , I will keep that in mind . I have to figure out a ruff cost to see if it can be done now or has to wait till summer . My tine are not completely worn out but have seen better days and it is the only part not rebuilt on the tiller .

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:01 am
by Spike188
My garden started out on a debris field. The tiller hung up on a steel rod buried in the garden. The 448 du ked and snorted to get loose, breaking a tine off. Later, a tree root popped another tine. All of the tines left are worn down to a rounded point on the end. This tiller will be as new when finished.

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:02 am
by Gordy
Spike188 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:01 am My garden started out on a debris field. The tiller hung up on a steel rod buried in the garden. The 448 du ked and snorted to get loose, breaking a tine off. Later, a tree root popped another tine. All of the tines left are worn down to a rounded point on the end. This tiller will be as new when finished.
When sod busting my gardens I kept a shovel handy so that when the tiller did a big jump, I stopped and dug out what was down there. I found mostly rocks, but also a 2' chunk of apron chain from a manure spreader and a 3' chunk of chain from the snoot (or whatever you call the front piece where the corn stock is guided into the picker) of a corn picker :109:

:cheers:
Gordy

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:29 am
by MattA
Spike188 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:50 am Dave, Bob has shipped other parts to my family in Oklahoma. That saves me customs and FedExpencive, or UPoorSucker charges. I will be doing a parts run soon. If you decide to make an order, look at shipping them to Oklahoma, and Ii could freight them back to Ontario.
Don't forget Delivers Here Last, Delivers Here Late and the merger FedUp :cheers:

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:13 pm
by myerslawnandgarden
DavidBarkey wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:11 am
Spike188 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:56 pm Bob, @myerslawnandgarden

I need to order a complete set of tines for a j-70 tiller. tiller.jpg

Bob @myerslawnandgarden I and a few other of us in Southern Ont. :canada: have the same tiller . Could you get us a rough estimate on a complete set shipped to Midland Ont. :canada: Each persons would be a little different on shipping but would be close enough to know how many piggy banks to break open . No rush , just when you have time .
Dave,
The tines are currently $13.50 ea. USD. They weigh 13.5 oz each, so a full set is just over 20 lbs + packaging. Problem is, a medium flat rate box through the post office has a max of 20 lbs when used for International shipping. Don't think they would check it that close, but you never know. $60.55 is the shipping cost for a flat rate box. Without the flat rate shipping box, 22 lbs is $112.55. As a comparison, a full set to Oklahoma is $26.86.
UPS is cheaper, but as you know, they will kill you on the brokerage charges. Alternative is to broker the package yourself, then you only pay the import tax.
Bob

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:43 am
by Spike188
Bob, I will place an order through your website, casegardentractorparts.com
this afternoon. I will have them shipped to Oklahoma. If anyone else wants to piggyback orders back to Ontario let me know soon.

Eugene aka Spike188

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:28 pm
by DavidBarkey
Spike188 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:43 am Bob, I will place an order through your website, casegardentractorparts.com
this afternoon. I will have them shipped to Oklahoma. If anyone else wants to piggyback orders back to Ontario let me know soon.

Eugene aka Spike188
Ok Thanks Eugene , I am going to have to wait for now Mr Dave .

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:10 pm
by Spike188
@myerslawnandgarden Bob, the tines arrived at my brother's intact. They are now on my garage floor. I need to make time for tine replacement.