Summer is here (hopefully)

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
ras101 United States of America

Summer is here (hopefully)

Post by ras101 »

Just got my new to me Case 446 cutter out for the season and now is time to put to bed my winter 446 for the season. So obviously time for its annual service, lube all points with grease, steering , wheels, etc. Change engine oil (has an 18hp B&S engine so full synthetic new filter, etc, Lube the snow caster chain, you know the drill. For me though before it gets put in the back of the shed I need to squirrel prof it too so I use a few clothes balls, yeah you know those things that grandma used around the engine and under the hood..Before I started using those at the start of winter the hood (1987 ) would be filled with grass and leaves and all sorts of other crap that the squirrels would put there for their winter nest. So this year is a little different for me, this year I want to upgrade the steering axle pin but to do so I need to move the chain (remember I said this had an 18hp B&S engine and well an electric PTO too. The chain, part of the the kit went through the axle pin. So part of my upgrade will be to replace the rotation stop to behind the PTO pulley. Found a couple of members on another site that have done that so I will be drawing some parts and will share as time permits.