Another 444 followed me home!

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
Chad Canada

Another 444 followed me home!

Post by Chad »

Well, after a 6 hour round trip I am now the proud owner of another 444! Wanted it mainly for the K45 rear discharge mowing deck, helped that the tractor, blower and deck are all in excellent condition. It's a 1982 model year (same as me!). Now my 1981 444 won't be so lonely. :). Came with tire chains, extra set of mower blades and a box of miscellaneous parts. Purchased from the original owner who is now downsizing/moving. He and his wife were very happy to see it go to someone who shares the same enthusiasm for these great machines. He bought it cause his dad had a 446 - funny how it goes with these machines and family.

Here are a few pics, I'll get better/close up ones soon. It runs and drives great...did I mention how clean it is?!

Oh, and as a bonus, included with all the owners manuals, receipts etc. were 2 Case garden equipment brochures in excellent condition. Neat to see the cost(s) scribbled by the dealer (I'm assuming).

Super excited to put this one on mowing duty!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

mac102004 Canada

Re: Another 444 followed me home!

Post by mac102004 »

Nice looking tractor. Sure seems straight and in good shape. Brochures are a sweet bonus. I have the outstanding yards one.
Case 444 Golden Demo
Ingersoll 7020
Massey Ferguson 320GTX (Ingersoll 4020PS)
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Congrats! Looks really good, great new toy! I think I now prefer the 444 to the 446 because of the Kohler engine.

6 hours? Where did you get it from?
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
crazycase Great Britain

Post by crazycase »

Chad
I'd say you scored a great tractor and that it came from the original owner that even cooler :D
:D :D Nice deck and caster your all set for year round work for years to come
that's why these tractors are like family members on the family tree :?
I have a Case/Ingersoll black frame 444 first year both names were on one
Sorry to say it's one of my favorite units, only paid -$500. dollars for it never gave me one problem till the youngest took it to
her ranch a few moments latter the clutch wadded it self up I had a replacement but never lived it down
I'm the caretaker for a old Case 442 it's been in the family sense it was brad new
Four generations and counting one of my kids will end up with it when they put me in the ground :lol:
Hell they will all get one of Dads tractors, just hope they have been watching and leaning from me trying to take care of them all
There just like kids so to speak :lol: :lol:

cc
Chad Canada

Post by Chad »

mac102004 wrote:Nice looking tractor. Sure seems straight and in good shape. Brochures are a sweet bonus. I have the outstanding yards one.
Thanks mac102004 - nice!

Chad Canada

Post by Chad »

Eugen wrote:Congrats! Looks really good, great new toy! I think I now prefer the 444 to the 446 because of the Kohler engine.

6 hours? Where did you get it from?
Thanks Eugen! I can't speak to the 446 Onans, but I definitely notice a difference in fuel consumption with the P220G that's in my Toro Wheel Horse 520H compared to the K321 Kohler. Curious how they will compare when used for mowing (this 444 will be replacing the 520H).

I had to drive to Belle River (Essex County). 3 hours door to door. The ad went up Monday night, I contacted when 2 hours old and made a deposit after speaking with gentleman. Lucky that my wife was willing to spare me for so long!

Chad Canada

Post by Chad »

crazycase wrote:Chad
I'd say you scored a great tractor and that it came from the original owner that even cooler :D
:D :D Nice deck and caster your all set for year round work for years to come
that's why these tractors are like family members on the family tree :?
I have a Case/Ingersoll black frame 444 first year both names were on one
Sorry to say it's one of my favorite units, only paid -$500. dollars for it never gave me one problem till the youngest took it to
her ranch a few moments latter the clutch wadded it self up I had a replacement but never lived it down
I'm the caretaker for a old Case 442 it's been in the family sense it was brad new
Four generations and counting one of my kids will end up with it when they put me in the ground Image
Hell they will all get one of Dads tractors, just hope they have been watching and leaning from me trying to take care of them all
There just like kids so to speak Image Image

cc
Thanks crazycase! That's awesome, black frames are super cool, especially with both names. That's the plan for me too - will be passed down to my kids one day. Just need one more for my newborn son. Image

I came across the original paperwork last night. Never knew what the cost for these were when brand new, so interesting to see. That would have been a lot of $ in 1984 for a mower (he said the same, probably shouldn't have bought when he did but when you look at return on investment can't complain).

I couldn't believe the purchase date - same as my birthday! ImageImageImage

Last edited by Chad on Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chad Canada

Post by Chad »

Some better resolution photos...ImageImageImage

Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

Chad glad to hear about your purchase. It couldn't have gone to a better person. Thanks for all the pics!

Keep the Peace
Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Chad Canada

Post by Chad »

Harry wrote:Chad glad to hear about your purchase. It couldn't have gone to a better person. Thanks for all the pics!

Keep the Peace
Harry
Thanks Harry - kind of you to say! It will be looked after for sure. More pics to come when I get time lol.