Repairing/replacing vinyl windows in Cabs

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
ras101 United States of America

Repairing/replacing vinyl windows in Cabs

Post by ras101 »

So I found and ordered 8 gauge vinyl window material. Not sure yet how to fix my doors right now so it is a learning experience - don't have an industrial stitching machine and never going to get one either . So, anyone bought and fitted Vinyl window screen? What was your solution? Not sure yet how to fit this though... sow?, tape?, glue? Anyone attempted this? Really can't believe I am the only one attempting this??

Share your thoughts/experiences
Last edited by ras101 on Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
DavidBarkey Canada

Re: Repairing/replacing vinyl windows in Cabs

Post by DavidBarkey »

Sew , but if you don't have the machine and the experience doing it take it to a boat upholsterer. You will not be happy with the result doing it yourself .
My 2 cents . You may keep the change .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder

Post by ras101 »

DavidBarkey wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:05 pm Sew , but if you don't have the machine and the experience doing it take it to a boat upholsterer. You will not be happy with the result doing it yourself .
My 2 cents . You may keep the change .
Thanks Dave. Thought that might be the answer but just wanted to see whether anyone had done it themselves first.

Post by ras101 »

So at Dave's suggestion I went on-line and searched locally (Webster NY) for boat canvas repair places) found one about 4 miles away from my house! and yes they do vinyl window repairs too! They are closed right now (M-F place). I will drop by there tomorrow with a door and see what they say... stay tuned...