Sand blasting and powdercoat

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
ras101 United States of America

Sand blasting and powdercoat

Post by ras101 »

I know most members here live north of the boarder in Canada (great country BTW). I live in WNY, close to the boarder too. I'm looking for a good sandblasting place, close to home (Webster NY) that sandblasts parts (I( can do the small stuff ) such as snow caster frames/mules/augers, etc size. Might even want priming done too.

Also what about powder coat? Anyone got the formula for Power Red and where to buy? How about a good shop that can do that?

Any suggestions?

Ray
Seabee United States of America

Re: Sand blasting and powdercoat

Post by Seabee »

I was looking at Powder Coating a few years back and Chevy engine Orange seemed to be a close option. Probably next to each other you could see the difference. Not sure otherwise. Don't trust me, check it for yourself.

Bill
Bill Moyer
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

Check with auto body shops, they may recommend places to go. I went to the Case dealer today to get some oem paint. I was looking for a quart of clear and a quart of power red. First they told me they were having a problem getting any paint in because of the flash point and Case doesn’t like to ship it. So what they have in stock is what you get. No clear or power red in a quart. Told me now it’s red gloss no more power red. They had Desert Sand in a quart and spray cans. I have a quart of Desert Sand so didn’t need it. The guy told me he had Flambeau in spray cans. So I took two cans which when he handed them to me read Power Red. I said these are Power Red not Flambeau. He said they are the same. I told him I just used power red on a utility blade and used Flambeau as a touch up and the Flambeau is more red and Power Red is more Orange. I bought the two cans and about $h!! my pants. $25 a can. I’m going have to find someplace else to buy paint. 😵‍💫😂 :$$: :peace: Harry
Attachments
$25 a spray can
$25 a spray can
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

@Harry i haven’t bought paint from a dealership in quite awhile, but $25 a can for spray paint sure seems painful! As evidenced by the things i usually do I’m pretty cheap, but, I learned my lesson with cheap paint! :rofl: I don’t mind spending a little more for good paint. I can tell you from experience to stay away from Van Sickle paint, usually found in the average farm store. Looks nice when you shoot it but man it fades fast! Nothing worse than a Farmall that should be red and in a short time it’s faded to pink! :O :109: :rofl:
Jancoe United States of America

Post by Jancoe »

Wish I could help you out Ray. I have a large portable sullair compressor with a large pressure pot. Able to knock out big projects but I'm in northern MI.

Harry, time to find a new dealership that knows what it has to offer to it's customers.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk