headlights wiring

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
keith Canada

Re: headlights wiring

Post by keith »

ras101 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:37 pm Keith, just to clarify. The wiring should be down low and run either above or below the frame rail. I use a couple of ties to hold it there. When you reach the front is where it gets a little difficult... remember you need to be able to remove the hood sometimes for even basic service so for me I keep my three way ( I mean by that the connector that splits the connections between the two headlights) towards the bottom of the hood and close to the hinge pin. When removing the hood that connector is my go to for disconnection.

Just my two cents..

Ray
Yes Ray, I installed the wiring in a 1/2"plastic loom an ran it along the bottom rail with cable ties .I need to add one or two more because the fan just clipped the loom a little on the top because of the bend and I didn't notice it. Could of been a catastrophe. I took some pics yesterday but they didn't turn out because of the overcast and my shelter was dark. Another day I'll try again. I also soldered a wire to both headlights and ran a dedicated ground back to the battery area, which was suggested by ssmewing and Toolslinger. I' take yours and anyone's two cents, it all helps with other different ideas. :cheers: