Snow caster

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
TLD89 United States of America

Snow caster

Post by TLD89 »

I just started installing my SB48 snow caster and noticed that there are two sets of holes on the idler arm /pully bracket on top of each other. Just wondering what the other set of holes are for. Mine are set on the top holes and I have a 21/32" x 82" belt that is very hard to put on. Lowering to the other set would shorten the length ?
Attachments
snowcaster2.jpg
DavidBarkey Canada

Re: Snow caster

Post by DavidBarkey »

Change that position will allow for a slightly shorter belt as it would push the jack shaft pulley father away . It would not change the distance on the idler pulleys . I beleave the PO drilled new holes (the one it is mounted to now) to get a greater lift when retracted . My mule drive has only the hole at the bottom .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
myerslawnandgarden United States of America

Post by myerslawnandgarden »

TLD89 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:43 am I just started installing my SB48 snow caster and noticed that there are two sets of holes on the idler arm /pully bracket on top of each other. Just wondering what the other set of holes are for. Mine are set on the top holes and I have a 21/32" x 82" belt that is very hard to put on. Lowering to the other set would shorten the length ?
Yours is mounted in the correct holes. The side plates for the mule bracket are also used to build the bracket for the dozer blades which uses the lower holes. Just a manufacturing shortcut to eliminate having to source two different parts.

21/32" is way too wide and likely is the problem as it doesn't fit down into the "V" pulleys as far as it should. Get the proper OEM belt (C23539) and all should be well.

https://www.casegardentractorparts.com/c2sndrbe40.html

Bob
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

myerslawnandgarden wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:02 pm
TLD89 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:43 am I just started installing my SB48 snow caster and noticed that there are two sets of holes on the idler arm /pully bracket on top of each other. Just wondering what the other set of holes are for. Mine are set on the top holes and I have a 21/32" x 82" belt that is very hard to put on. Lowering to the other set would shorten the length ?
Yours is mounted in the correct holes. The side plates for the mule bracket are also used to build the bracket for the dozer blades which uses the lower holes. Just a manufacturing shortcut to eliminate having to source two different parts.

21/32" is way too wide and likely is the problem as it doesn't fit down into the "V" pulleys as far as it should. Get the proper OEM belt (C23539) and all should be well.

https://www.casegardentractorparts.com/c2sndrbe40.html

Bob
Good to know . Thanks Bob . I guess that is only seen on the 4 digit tractors . My stuff is all 3 digit.
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder