EZ clutches

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
ras101 United States of America

Re: EZ clutches

Post by ras101 »

So my first concern...

The PTO shaft measured at 0.1180" OD with a digital caliper and the Id of the washer measured at 1.257" ". The washer seems very loose. Probably ok but just seems odd as the wavy washers, etc were very close to the shaft OD.
myerslawnandgarden United States of America

Post by myerslawnandgarden »

Here is a copy of the original engineering drawing for the C15557 (and also C15556) shim washers, notice that they do not carry the dimensions out to the 3rd decimal as the size is not that critical.

Bob
Attachments
PXL_20240219_212149112.MP~2.jpg

Post by ras101 »

Just bought some 6206-2rs bearings for Amazon for this project. Why because for less than $10 i GOT TWO BEARINGS! so like all the others I opened the bearing, yea it was sealed . End result is there was grease ! the grease quantity was very lacking! These bearing probably had less grease than all others I have opened so far too! Just know that I will be adding a substantial amount to these bearings (PGN) before I use them!
myerslawnandgarden United States of America

Post by myerslawnandgarden »

ras101 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:26 pm Just bought some 6206-2rs bearings for Amazon for this project. Why because for less than $10 i GOT TWO BEARINGS! so like all the others I opened the bearing, yea it was sealed . End result is there was grease ! the grease quantity was very lacking! These bearing probably had less grease than all others I have opened so far too! Just know that I will be adding a substantial amount to these bearings (PGN) before I use them!
We recently changed to the PGN bearing for our price point PTO offering. At this time about 75 are out in service with no complaints or early failures, the quality seems to be good with respect to the price. Currently we are at $3.47 each on these.

https://www.casegardentractorparts.com/15ptoclbe.html

Bob
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I have been using PGN bearings for a while too. I cannot compare with the big names, but they work. I do pack them new with better grease though. :thumbsup:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:

Post by ras101 »

myerslawnandgarden wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:06 pm
ras101 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:26 pm Just bought some 6206-2rs bearings for Amazon for this project. Why because for less than $10 i GOT TWO BEARINGS! so like all the others I opened the bearing, yea it was sealed . End result is there was grease ! the grease quantity was very lacking! These bearing probably had less grease than all others I have opened so far too! Just know that I will be adding a substantial amount to these bearings (PGN) before I use them!
We recently changed to the PGN bearing for our price point PTO offering. At this time about 75 are out in service with no complaints or early failures, the quality seems to be good with respect to the price. Currently we are at $3.47 each on these.

https://www.casegardentractorparts.com/15ptoclbe.html

Bob
Bob the price point you are offering these bearings at is exceptional! From my prospective they are a very good buy. Had I seen these before I bought from Amazon I would have bought yours.. Because of past experiences with sealed bearings I now open every bearing I use. Still not sure of the value of doing that but that's where I am right now. My mindset is "more grease" longer lasting and as it takes only a moment to check and add more a worthwhile step for me. For me the PGN bearing certainly meets my needs and yes I would buy more as I need them!

Ray

Post by ras101 »

so almost assembled my new PTO that I bought from #myerslawnandgarden . It's been an easy install - why - because ALL the parts were designed to work together! Not having to worry about what can work with what took all the stress out of the work. Yes there have been multiple updates over the years that frankly were not well documented. I am working a paper right now as I work through this and will publish for us here. So I had a shoutout about Bob taking the time to mark some of the parts , i.e. the fan front, but especially the cams. Marking the top and the front/rear cams made life so easy! Because of this action I went back through all my cam stock, old and new style and "stamped" "RT" (rear top) and "FT" (front top) on all appropriate cams using a cheap HF stamp. problem solved for me from now on!

Ray