EZ clutches

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
Spike188 Canada

Re: EZ clutches

Post by Spike188 »

@myerslawnandgarden Bob, I have not purchased any parts in over a year because life has gotten in the way. I have been very happy with the set of tiller tines purchase from you. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=940&p=13870&hilit=tines#p13870. There is a long todo list that will require a lot of parts when the day comes.
image.png
image.png
Bob, I for one appreciate your input and will purchase more parts from you!
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I'm sorry Bob @myerslawnandgarden, not sure what's really happening here.

I'm sure all other vendors are great people but as far as I'm concerned you are more than a vendor here, a member of our group helping us with valuable information and sharing the experience. That's why when I need Case parts I will buy them from you.

Let's take a step back though, and take a good look at the bigger picture. This site is small, we're just a handful of people here. This site was created as a response to the Walmart taking over and running the other site. If ALL we care about is the "lowest price", Walmart wins? Is it bad if everything is Walmart? For some yes, for some not, not all is bad and so on. So, :violin: :violin: :violin: here I am, an existential crisis? No. Without active people there is no community, no site. I personally thank you all who are active here. I get nothing material out of this, zero dollars. In fact I pay every month some dollars. I do it because I want to, and because I think some little guy should stand up to Walmart. In my opinion it's healthy to not give it all up to the big bucks. There, my ramble for today.
Last edited by Eugen on Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

I also appreciate all the detailed info @myerslawnandgarden has provided in answering questions on the forum here. I haven't purchased many genuine Case/Ingersoll parts from US suppliers (I'm :canada: ) but when I am ready to buy your participation certainly makes a difference as to which vendor I choose... Thanks again... :cheers:
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
ras101 United States of America

Post by ras101 »

Bob, I am sorry, you are very right and I must admit you have been more than supportive of me and this forum too. I guess I got into a mode of looking up parts by just clicking on my saved links rather than supported users here tha are more than supported me too. From now on, I have set my go to you and will only venture elsewhere when you are not able to supply. Just know Bob I really look forward to your responses to my queries and I know others do to..

Ray

Post by ras101 »

So one thing I did not mention in my posting on bearings was that I had bought those in the early part of the year and not, say last week. Still no excuse but just saying.
So today I called into Harbor Freight, in Webster NY, and bought a O-Ring hook scribe set to remove the seal on one of the Tritan bearings and also bought a set of 3/8 drive SAE long reach hex sockets too -

When I opened the Tritan bearings I found LITTLE! to no grease!!!! no wonder the YouTube video says to open and pack. I bought "STP Moly-EP" grease for this purpose and will be doing that in a couple of days unless anyone can recommend a better alternative. Remember I only want to do this once!
A couple of other things I have decided. The first is I have two a 1979 and 1985, (Onan engines B43M and B48M) that I want to fit/replace PTO clutches on. I have decided through members feed back to retain these as manual clutches (EZ PTO Clutch). My other GT has a B&S 18HP engine and is already fitted with an Electric clutch.

After I sent this photo, I opened a second bearing just because.. I found the same thing... one side had a little grease applied but the other side NOTHING! yeah these are China bearings! We could all act out and say well what do you expect?d though that it is the same worldwide and American made bearings are the same. For me from now on I will not assume and open up al my sealed bearings and fill to capacity. As no one responded to my grease type question I will assume that my Moly Grease is good or better. I know the grease used is colored BLUE but Moly grease is black, and for a reason too. I intend to fill the bearings to capacity and let the seals decide the total fill- thank you YouTube!
Attachments
Triton PTO Bearing.jpeg
Last edited by ras101 on Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post by ras101 »

So just a question for members here...
When you order parts from a Case/Ingersoll parts supplier what do you expect to get? Pristine stock or are you prepared to take new stock that has quite bad surface rust as I found on shims and washers I ordered?

Just had that happen with the supplier I have been using (look it up on past posts here) Never buying from them again!
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

Ras101, my 446 which has a B series Onan, I converted it to an electric clutch. It originally was a manual with shims not an EZ. It was a PITA to deal with so I changed it to an electric clutch that I picked up off of CL. It has not given me any problem what so ever. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226

Post by ras101 »

Harry, I would like to talk a lot more about your change here! How did you do the change? Did you keep the original shaft or did you modify it in some way? etc.I know from my change to B&S engines and change to an electric clutch that I much prefer just flipping a switch!
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

The original shaft that bolts to the flywheel had to be turned down to 1” OD. That’s because the electric clutch needed that size of shaft to fit. I also had to fabricate a bracket to bolt to the clutch bracket. Of course the electric needed to be wired to a switch with a fuse inline. That’s about all I remember currently. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

ras101 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:55 pm So just a question for members here...
When you order parts from a Case/Ingersoll parts supplier what do you expect to get? Pristine stock or are you prepared to take new stock that has quite bad surface rust as I found on shims and washers I ordered?

Just had that happen with the supplier I have been using (look it up on past posts here) Never buying from them again!
When you are dealing with NOS New OLDDDD Stock . there is possibility of surface rust . The fact that you still can get NOS parts in some cases is a miracl in its self .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder