Speaker 777 head light lenses

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
ras101 United States of America

Speaker 777 head light lenses

Post by ras101 »

So guys, I just snagged my third and last set of speaker 777 glass headlight lenses on Ebay!

Not bragging here guys but I now have glass headlight lenses fo all my tribe! this set was from a pre 1970 GT and yes a Case GT too! Bought for $71 when others paid over $65 each! I guess with my other scores this season you should know that buying in the fall/early winter is a bonus especially just before Christmas too. My deals now set me up for the year! Seems most bidders are away for the year!

So my score? a pair or Speaker 777 glass head light lenses at $71! One thing I really know is how to bid and win on Ebay even when people think that late biding with the last minute is the only way to win!
Last edited by ras101 on Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
myerslawnandgarden United States of America

Re: Speaker 777 head light leneses

Post by myerslawnandgarden »

That was a good buy, I consider the going price to be around $100 for a pair. There are many strategies for bidding/winning on EBay, you either have to bid high early which ends up with sometimes a higher price than you would otherwise have to pay as other bidders run up the price and you end up paying your max. My choice has always been to throw a substantial bid at the end (within reason) if it's something that I really want. Auctionsniper.com is a great tool so that you do not have to watch auctions, you provide your max bid and the timing that you wish to place it. All automated.

Bob

Post by ras101 »

Thank you Bob. Yeah I tend to agree with you on current pricing on auction. Still seems way overpriced and wished I had bought (Spares) even 3-4 years back when they were selling at $20-30 each. Over the years, because of melting of the plastic replacements I have bought the glass version even that now I use LEDs rather than incandescent versions that originally caused the heating issue. To this day I use my dishwasher at least once a year to clean my glass 777 lenses and use exclusively LED bulbs too. When you clear snow early morning (like 7:00am) in western NY light matters!
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Don't we all wish we bought years ago Apple and Microsoft and Google stock? 🙈🤷‍♂️
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:

Post by ras101 »

Eugen, you my friend are a gem! As a 75 year old Brit, 34 year old American I can tell you that you are 150%^ correct!

Post by ras101 »

for me I worked for and bought conflict stock, i.e BAE, Boeing, etc. Why because no matter what these industries survive! even buying US postal stocks has nothing in compare. Just waiting my next year "compensation" for my investment ...expecting at least 15% as I have for the last 20+ years...

Post by ras101 »

One major difference between Canada and the US is sustaining our wealth as we age! For me I have worked since i was 14 years old! Yes I am reasonably secure too because of that outlay too, own house, pensions,etc. Yes I can indulge at least a little in my hobbies but to me, like most "baby boomers" i want the biggest bang for the buck too. When I want something, and bid on it, I set a limit, I also only bid when I think I will win too. Around Christmas is always a good time! It seems that other bidders are off enjoying spendng dollar and time with family, For me the best timeto bid as there is no one there bidding against me!