Ever felt you are unheard?

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
ras101 United States of America

Ever felt you are unheard?

Post by ras101 »

I have found over the last few months that I have visited Ebay a few times a week. I have bought a number of items and also multiples and had great success, for instance buying a complete Kohler EZ PTO clutch for $50! I don't have a Kohler engine but I do run a couple of Onan - a 16 & 18 HP. I know from that deal I will have for sale a few parts but most are what I am looking for and I usually bid in the $50 plus range . When I see a "collection" that seems extreme (there is one there right now that exceeds $600 I have a tendency to leave it alone , at least for a while. It's obvious that no one is going to bid either but the seller is too dumb to understand that or does not care I then contact the seller and give a few suggestions, especially if there are parts that I can see that might want. The problem most of the time is that it is difficult to see parts as there are way too many, and also the overall price is way too much for most budgets so they sit there , week after week. So why my current post you might ask? If you have items for sale nether assume, list them individually and price accordingly. It seems that sellers though don't know that and re-post at the same dam thing over and over.. There is a name for that... want to guess.
Last edited by ras101 on Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Eugen Canada

Re: Ever felt you are unheard?

Post by Eugen »

ras101 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:37 pm I have found over the last few months that I have visited Ebay a few times a week. I have bought a number of items and also multiples and had great success, for instance buying a complete Kohler EZ PTO clutch for $50! I do0n't have a Kohler engine but I do run a couple of Onan - a 16 & 18 HP. I know from that deal I will have for sale a few parts but most are what I am looking for and I usually bid in the $50 plus range . When I see a "collection" that seems extreme (there is one there right now the exceeds $600 I have a tendency to leave it alone , at least for a while. It's obvious that no one is going to bid either. I then contact the seller and give a few suggestions, especially if there are parts that I can see that might want. The problem most of the time is that it is difficult to see parts as there are way too many, and also the overall price is way too much for most budgets so they sit there , week after week. So why my current post you might ask? If you have items for sale nether assume, list them individually and price accordingly. It seems that sellers though don't know that and re-post at the same dam thing over and over.. There is a name for that... want to guess.
$50 for the Kohler EZ? :O wish I saw that myself, as I need one. I'll start looking on eBay too.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:59 pm
ras101 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:37 pm I have found over the last few months that I have visited Ebay a few times a week. I have bought a number of items and also multiples and had great success, for instance buying a complete Kohler EZ PTO clutch for $50! I do0n't have a Kohler engine but I do run a couple of Onan - a 16 & 18 HP. I know from that deal I will have for sale a few parts but most are what I am looking for and I usually bid in the $50 plus range . When I see a "collection" that seems extreme (there is one there right now the exceeds $600 I have a tendency to leave it alone , at least for a while. It's obvious that no one is going to bid either. I then contact the seller and give a few suggestions, especially if there are parts that I can see that might want. The problem most of the time is that it is difficult to see parts as there are way too many, and also the overall price is way too much for most budgets so they sit there , week after week. So why my current post you might ask? If you have items for sale nether assume, list them individually and price accordingly. It seems that sellers though don't know that and re-post at the same dam thing over and over.. There is a name for that... want to guess.
$50 for the Kohler EZ? :O wish I saw that myself, as I need one. I'll start looking on eBay too.
@Eugen
Do you need the whole assembly or just some parts ? I have a box of clutch parts , we may be able to put one together
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder

Post by ras101 »

Eugen, much as want to keep ebay to myself I have scored a number of great case/ingersoll purchases over the last 3 months. I have bought a number of EZ clutch parts over the months too at very good prices. The EZ parts are mainly from Kohler powers GTs and I run Onan and B&S. I have several Kohler specific parts that I will be selling on from those packages if you are interested. I follow also a friend (dtbeiter - "Dave") on Ebay that always posts great items at very reasonable rates too.

I will have for sale the Kohler shaft and clutch surface plate (not the pulley with the clutch) in used but very good condition too plus some other parts too. If you are interested shoot me a PM with what you are looking for.

Ray

Post by ras101 »

Just to make you guys jealous here is my $50 dollar EZ clutch find:
Attachments
EZ PTO 1.jpg
EZ PTO Shaft.jpg
EZ PTO Assembled.jpg

Post by ras101 »

So I noticed a couple of other posts on Ebay from a poster for EZ clutch parts, one for an Onan version and the other Kohler. They were both posted at a $225 start price!!! This from a GT that complete can be bought locally for less than $1000! If I even decide to sell my tribe it makes perfect sense to strip them bare and sell the parts - heck I could make a few thousand on the deal.

This has got to stop!

The only people that can make that happen is us... I am not adverse from paying a premium for the parts I need but to be reamed out ?

I buy new from dealers whenever possible ( and yeah those that support our hobby too) , why...because they buy from machine shops, and suppliers, that bring new parts into our hobby not enabling profiteers and reducing our available parts even more.
When I look to save money I buy from other enthusiasts because it enhances their/our hobby too and moves the parts available to others that need them. I have even given parts away that I don't need to friends and enthusiasts too that need them more than me.

Sorry for the rant guys..
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

All of my belt driven attachments have been converted to electric clutches. No need for any manual clutch parts here. I already have some in a box that I saved. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

You are absolutely right Ray, paying these high prices breeds more destruction of tractors that should not be parted out. It's easy to see how just a few key parts are worth more than what a working tractor is worth. There's been a few pretty descent tractors offered up locally to be parted out. :12:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

DavidBarkey wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:46 am @Eugen
Do you need the whole assembly or just some parts ? I have a box of clutch parts , we may be able to put one together
I'll talk to you next time I come by about the exact part I need. It's EZ :D

@ras101 thank you, I'll see if I can get this sorted out locally first.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:

Post by ras101 »

So I just realized something else about $50 E Z Clutch it came with the control fork too (a $49 value supposedly from other posters!)
That's another thing that is happening with the used parts sales - segregation!
Things like:
Control valves (especially the holding valve type that are posted @ $390 minus the tubes and control arms that are shown and priced separately at another $50- 100!

There are many other examples too.

It's not just that you are in a bidding war for each item but that they belong and function together as a group.

I guess guys I am on a quest..