Ever felt you are unheard?

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
Ingersoll224 United States of America

Re: Ever felt you are unheard?

Post by Ingersoll224 »

Responding only to the title of the thread:

Yes, married 31 years...

Great score on the EZ clutch assembly. I just paid $150 for a new clutch arm...:(
ras101 United States of America

Post by ras101 »

Ingersoll224 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:06 pm Responding only to the title of the thread:

Yes, married 31 years...
Good one!

Got a few years on you though!! going on 56 years now and just know it does not get any better... in fact expect at a couple more down turns along the way too... :)
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

@Ingersoll224 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ask her hubby
Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 13.08.54.png
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:

Post by ras101 »

Thanks for the support here guys...

Marriage is a roller coaster and over time takes a lot of effort and understanding too. Every time I buy a new GT or accessory for me is a challenge as my wife thinks that I am obsessed! I guess she is probably right but I will continue to fight that... Bliss right? :)

Ray
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

ras101 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:44 pm Thanks for the support here guys...

Marriage is a roller coaster and over time takes a lot of effort and understanding too. Every time I buy a new GT or accessory for me is a challenge as my wife thinks that I am obsessed! I guess she is probably right but I will continue to fight that... Bliss right? :)

Ray
What does she buy and for who and how often ? Very few don't have an obsession . Some are better at hiding or justifying it .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder

Post by ras101 »

DavidBarkey wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:29 pm
ras101 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:44 pm Thanks for the support here guys...

Ray
What does she buy and for who and how often ? Very few don't have an obsession . Some are better at hiding or justifying it .
Wish I could answer that one.. If I tried it would probably be nothing that I know about and pay for. We are very conservative.
Ingersoll224 United States of America

Post by Ingersoll224 »

My post was in jest. I am very lucky, my wife gives me lots of rope. She did say that I have to sell the 648 that I bought last summer when I am done with a couple projects. Objectively, that's fair as I do not really need it long term.
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Ingersoll224 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:28 am My post was in jest. I am very lucky, my wife gives me lots of rope. She did say that I have to sell the 648 that I bought last summer when I am done with a couple projects. Objectively, that's fair as I do not really need it long term.
Me too, and I certainly read your post this way. The guys that have been longer on the forum here already know it. My wife has asked me, a few times, do I keep on buying junk? She has forever been encouraging me to buy "a good one". But she also told me "you'd go nuts if you didn't have something to tinker on" and she's right, it's almost therapeutic to fix and tinker on these old tractors. Fixing and using old Case garden tractors is a healthier hobby than most. :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

Eugen wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:29 am
Ingersoll224 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:28 am My post was in jest. I am very lucky, my wife gives me lots of rope. She did say that I have to sell the 648 that I bought last summer when I am done with a couple projects. Objectively, that's fair as I do not really need it long term.
Me too, and I certainly read your post this way. The guys that have been longer on the forum here already know it. My wife has asked me, a few times, do I keep on buying junk? She has forever been encouraging me to buy "a good one". But she also told me "you'd go nuts if you didn't have something to tinker on" and she's right, it's almost therapeutic to fix and tinker on these old tractors. Fixing and using old Case garden tractors is a healthier hobby than most. :cheers:
I understand completely Eugen. I don’t follow sports. I don’t gamble or play cards. I don’t go bowling anymore. I don’t hang out in bars. I like to be in my shop and work on projects that give me personal satisfaction. :highfive: :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
ssmewing United States of America

Post by ssmewing »

The high prices started on Facebook Marketplace. A select few sellers often parted out tractors and priced them very high. Often the parts were in decent shape, which was good, but not enough to warrant the price. This led to everyone with ratted-out accessory's to start posting their stuff at that same price.

But, there is always one constant. There is a vast number of things that are listed for sale and are all seen because they do not sell. The sales and prices you do not see are the ones that are priced where the buyer and the seller are happy. These listings most of us will never see because they do not last long.

On Facebook, the current ask for an HH34 hitch is $850.