Case 644 lbh use

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
Harry United States of America

Case 644 lbh use

Post by Harry »

A neighbor asked me if I could dig out an area with the hoe to add a pad on his driveway. With weather and other commitments it’s been tough to get this done. So yesterday everything seemed to be cooperating or so I thought. I have been using the 644 regularly so I figured it was ready for the task. I check all the oil levels fueled it up then started it and it was running poorly. A quick look as the engine is spitting and sputtering I touched the condenser wire and it seemed to smooth out. I had a few condensers in a drawer so I swapped it out. Made no difference so I grabbed another on. This time it did the trick and it ran fine. I drove down the road in high gear WOT and it never skipped a beat. Three hours later after running at about 1/4 throttle the job was done. Drove back home at WOT and it ran great. Sorry no pics I forgot my phone and left it at home. Probably the last job for the 644 this year. I’ll power wash it down this week and park it for the winter. That’s my ramble for the morning. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
JSinMO United States of America

Re: Case 644 lbh use

Post by JSinMO »

Glad you were able to get it running with an easy fix!

It sure is a great feeling to work with a tractor thats running good! :highfive: