Seems we have Russian interest!

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
ras101 United States of America

Seems we have Russian interest!

Post by ras101 »

Been doing a few searches on Google for Case/Ingersoll parts manuals, etc and I am seeing more and more websites with .ru tags in the web address!!!!

Not sure what that means to our hobby here guys and I'm not into sharing conspiracy theorize either but I have found this concerning. For me now when I search I ALWAYS check the go-to web address before pressing the button...the last thing I want is malware, spyware, etc downloaded onto my computer or phone, etc.

I know this is not something any of us wants either. My post is to get you to think before you press that button!
Last edited by ras101 on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spike188 Canada

Re: Seems we have Russian interest!

Post by Spike188 »

Ray,

Eugen sets a high bar for member registration. We have had 2 spamers slip though the gate in 3 years. Both were banned immediately with continuing to post in the minute it took to process the ban.

If anyone notices any thing unusual please pm Eugen or myself. We do stay vigilant.

Spike aka Eugene

Yes one of us has 2 and one of us has 3 E's. For confusion sake I use an old nickname.
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
ras101 United States of America

Post by ras101 »

Spike it's not this site I am worried about but our members. Once any of our members accesses one of these sites they become "infected" and then when they visit here they can/do infect the site too.. It's a cascading effect. For me I assume, that there are "NO Russian" enthusiasts that need access to our data or hobby. Hope that is not true into the future but right now that is my approach. As a retired IT guy I want us all safe... Hence my original post. It is amazing how many of us (and I used to be counted here) that just click on the link. We are in a time in our life where we need to take a little more care of where we go on the internet.
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Thanks for the warning to our members, and for explaining that your warning has nothing to do with our site.

As a side note, all sites including our forum, are continuously under attack. It's the world we live in. And yes, don't click on links in your email or anywhere if something looks fishy. I do my best to keep our little forum secure.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush: