Ingersoll Rand...

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
ras101 United States of America

Ingersoll Rand...

Post by ras101 »

Sorry guys but this comes up all the time on other forums, Craigslist, eBay, etc. I for one find this offensive. I think its about time anyone that wants to talk about Case or Ingersoll and actually own one should know that "Rand" is and has never been part of our heritage. For me, and I hope you too, anytime i see that in any add just move on without opening. The rare occasion I have opened I have sent a message to "advise" the originator of their error. In all cases I would never buy!
thebuildist United States of America

Re: Ingersoll Rand...

Post by thebuildist »

Anyone who would call it "Ingersoll Rand" doesn't know Jack!

(Get it? Jack Ingersoll? Doesn't know [about] Jack?)

:)) :)) :)) :)) :))
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

I have seen this sort of thing for years, especially on Craigslist. And on all sorts of items not just Case related. The seller obviously has no idea what they have. And sometimes it is kinda aggravating. I’m not understanding why you would pass the add by though. Instead of being offended and swearing never to buy from them, those are the ones I want to look at. Often times it’s people that ended up with dad or grandpas old tractor, or snow thrower, or whatever. They don’t know what it is and they don’t care they just want it gone. You could find the deal of the century! I don’t care what the seller calls it as long as I know what I’m looking at!
They could call a really nice 446 a John Deere 112 as long as the price is right I couldn’t care less. Just a thought.
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

Ray, I always get a chuckle when I see it, but I have noticed that a lot of times these sellers don't know what they have and a deal can be had. :78:

Also have to search for Ingersol with one L sometimes. I missed one of the best package deals I've ever came across because of this.
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
myerslawnandgarden United States of America

Post by myerslawnandgarden »

Timj wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:58 pm Ray, I always get a chuckle when I see it, but I have noticed that a lot of times these sellers don't know what they have and a deal can be had. :78:

Also have to search for Ingersol with one L sometimes. I missed one of the best package deals I've ever came across because of this.
Lol, used to do that when I searched for Jimmy Buffett concert tickets. Jimmy Buffet wasn't viewed nearly as many times.

Bob
ras101 United States of America

Post by ras101 »

myerslawnandgarden wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:31 pm
Timj wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:58 pm Ray, I always get a chuckle when I see it, but I have noticed that a lot of times these sellers don't know what they have and a deal can be had. :78:

Lol, used to do that when I searched for Jimmy Buffett concert tickets. Jimmy Buffet wasn't viewed nearly as many times.

Bob
Bob, I 100% agree! My original message here was very much tongue in cheek and just trying to get some reaction too I guess. Like most here, I am sure, I have contacted the seller through back channels to hopefully get them to change their posts. Some listen, mainly private sellers, not found any dealers that actually listen! hence my post.

Ray