so I was just on Ebay...

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
ras101 United States of America

so I was just on Ebay...

Post by ras101 »

I look almost daily at "newly listed" items. I* know from experience that posters are tending to post lower starting prices for their items but really...
The latest seems to be someone selling rear tires..have you seen these posts? the seller has two with a very reasonable selling price but well the shipping charge is way out of left field. Two tires and shipping of over $290 ! yeah you heard right $290+ . If you live local and can collect might be a good deal, heck if you live withing 300 miles might be a good deal too but shipping?
Eugen Canada

Re: so I was just on Ebay...

Post by Eugen »

Ray, you should always remember that the shipping prices are now mostly automatically calculated by the system. Although shipping prices from the US have gone quite high in the last few years, occasionally I see a price that seems to me more than the usual high price. If the item is of interest to me I send a message to the seller asking if that's really the shipping price. Many times the seller identified and fixed the error.

All I'm saying is, don't fall for the advertised shipping cost, send a message to the seller if the item interests you. I would do the same even with our Case parts vendors. Doesn't hurt to ask! :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

I recently ordered two mulching kits from ebay. Shipping was $50 per kit but when making the offer on the kits total shipping for two kits adjusted to $117. I contacted the seller and the seller said I could buy it but not pay for it and they would adjust the shipping. Then the seller contacted me again and said they could package the mulching kits together for $88. Like Eugen said, it doesn't hurt to ask.
Ingersoll 4016

Post by ras101 »

Sorry guys but you are way too forgiving here... I know shipping costs have gone up leaps and bounds over even the last year but come on... I have shipped, even priority mail, using the supplied free boxes, for less than $10 and seen others wanting $20 OR EVEN $30 for the same service. I have also experienced first hand where fully functional GT's that are selling locally for perhaps a few hundred bucks being trashed and sold as parts for significantly more. A case in mind locally where a 1989 446 was sold for less than $1000 dollars and the TCV alone was removed and sold for over $400.
In my opinion it's time we complained and stop buying else we will all be chasing a reducing number of our hobby.

I also know that there are times when the GT is too far gone to bring back to life and we need to sell the parts too. But come on.. this has IMO gone way too far. Even buying new now because I am sure that we as a group have "accepted" the high shipping charges online are now charging excess too. For me its getting to the point that I might as well spend the time and drive there rather than accept these charges. But hey, the posters are ahead of us and not accepting collection and requiring ship only!

Post by ras101 »

So just for the hell of it I did a search for 8X16 bar tires on google! I know you guys don't want to hear the results but tough luck! most of the tires (an we are talking NEW not used) cost less than $160 and guess what ? FREE shipping!!
I can also buy from Amazon turf tires, same size for less than $30 and guess what - FREE SHIPPING!