Propane 222

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
Eugen Canada

Re: Propane 222

Post by Eugen »

I owned a crown vic on propane for a few years. At the time propane was around 50c a litre and gas was 80c. It was a little cheaper overall but not by much. I would not bother with thats now. Wouldn't mind a diesel engine car, but you pay a premium for that here. Why are cars with diesel engines so rare here and in Europe there are so widespread?
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

propane1 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:20 am
The old farm tractors that burned propane had higher compression engines. To help make more power.
I had forgotten about that. You see an old tractor around here every now and again set up to run propane. The antique tractor pullers used to look for them to snag the high compression heads to put on there pulling tractors.

I had a Ford F100 that was set up to run propane when I got it. As per my usual operating procedure I pulled it out of a field where it had sat several years. The truck was set up with dual fuel tanks from the factory and the farmers I bought it from add two LP tanks in the bed with a valve and regulator under the hood by the carburetor.
I didn’t keep the propane set up. It was all shot and rusted up. That old truck ran great wish I still had it!
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

JSinMO wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:25 pm
propane1 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:20 am
The old farm tractors that burned propane had higher compression engines. To help make more power.
I had forgotten about that. You see an old tractor around here every now and again set up to run propane. The antique tractor pullers used to look for them to snag the high compression heads to put on there pulling tractors.
Yep.

Noel