Page 1 of 1

Anyone found a source for...

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:48 am
by ras101
Hi, in my GT build I want to replace the speed nuts (part number 131-629) used to hold down the headlights buckets. Checked all the usual parts sites and not been able to locate any and are shown NLA.
Anyone know of a source of new parts?

Re: Anyone found a source for...

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:13 pm
by BobAfton

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:45 pm
by ras101
Hi Bob, thanks for the tip, I had already checked there and they have 1 in stock then it's NLA (price is also outlandish at $9! when elsewhere it was less than $1.50). Salempwr, caseingersollgardentractorparts, and M-D all show NLA. Even looked out on McMaster-Carr

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:00 pm
by mendonsy
Try Fasteners Warehouse. They might have something that would work.
https://www.thefastenerwarehouse.com/

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:25 pm
by Chad
I recently made 1 from some thin stock that I had. Not exactly the same but it wasn't too difficult and they haven't shaken loose yet!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:33 pm
by Eugen
Chad wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:25 pm I recently made 1 from some thin stock that I had. Not exactly the same but it wasn't too difficult and they haven't shaken loose yet!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Such clips seem to be made out of spring like steel. A good source of that type of steel I'd say are the steel straps they use for larger items, you could ask your local home depot to get some of that, as they just throw it out. Either heat it up with a propane torch and bend it into shape, or just use a piece of it on top of a 1/4" piece of steel.

But I see no reason to stick to that thin spring material. You can use thicker stock. I know, it's not the same as using the original clip, but ... if you're not a purist, why not.

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:49 am
by ras101
So guys, I just threw money at the problem! Got a couple of sets off Ebay at basically twice the new price but both were in good condition. Screws are not an issue and will always be replaced but the speed nuts were what I needed. Thanks for your suggestions..