Serial number plates

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
ras101 United States of America

Serial number plates

Post by ras101 »

This year is the year of sand blasting,cleaning, and painting. I really don't want to have to mask off the s/n plates on my decks and snow blowers and anyway two of them are already beyond repair. Fortunately I know model and serial numbers but I would like to renew the plates to. Not interested in the GT's as those are very robust and can be removed and refitted. Anyone know of a source for getting these?
JSinMO United States of America

Re: Serial number plates

Post by JSinMO »

I can’t promise you they will have it but maybe check with Steiner Tractor Parts. https://www.steinertractor.com/
I think they used to have blank plates.

Post by ras101 »

so I looked at https://www.steinertractor.com/ and they have blank ID tags that were like $22+ each and not what I was looking for, i.e. to replace self adhesive tags. So I went to my favorite decal store "Maple Hunter" and they have a deck decal set: http://www.maplehunterdecalstexas.com/c ... ecals.aspx that meets my needs entirely and with the added bonus of all the other deck decals too. The S/N plate is blank (what I wanted) too. Anyone else used these tags and has advice on how to add the info? Yeah, I know I could use a sharpie but are there any more professional methods?

Post by ras101 »

Just got my Maple Hunter tags for my deck and as always more than impressed with the speed of delivery and the quality. So now I have my S/N plate and eventually will need to install after repaint, etc. So how do I add my data? Do I get a printing kit online and use like a metal stamp?, do I get the old typewriter out (yeah still have one of those), or is there a better, more permanent way?
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I like the stamped serial number plates the best but for that you need a good quality stamp set. Something on my list of sought after items. You guys in :usa: have really good chances of getting some quality vintage tools. It's not just the durability and definition of the stamp, but the font too.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:

Post by ras101 »

Eugen I agree wholeheartedly. Not sure what that means though. I know a number of members has stamped new ID plates but this is different. Looking to members for advice