So here's my problem guys....

Stuff about your Case, Colt, or Ingersoll tractor
ras101 United States of America

So here's my problem guys....

Post by ras101 »

As of today I am the proud owner of my 4th Case /Ingersoll GT. This one a 1986 448 that comes with deck and snow caster - that's not the problem though but what that means to my stable of GT''s is.
I have a 1977 short frame 446 that I will be parting out to use the parts in a project 1987 444. This GT has an add on holding valve that I want to reuse on my new 1986 GT but that's a long frame. Other than making flexible hydraulic lines to fit the holding valve anyone have suggestions/parts/part numbers for the hydraulic lines that will be I guess 2 inches short?
Timj United States of America

Re: So here's my problem guys....

Post by Timj »

Doesn't the '86 have the integrated holding valve? :7:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I can't help with the question but congrats on getting the 448! :thumbsup:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:

Post by ras101 »

Eugen, I owe you guys plenty of pics by now. I promise to post a few when I get this latest one home of it and it's predecessor the 1979 446. My stable though is now complete. I will be losing one this year, my go to winter use 1977 short frame 446 with B&S 18 hp Vanguard and snow caster. The engine, electric clutch, wheels, etc are planned to be used in my new project tractor in the near future. With this latest addition I now have two snow casters (the latest exceptional condition), and two working J46 decks, 15 new/sharpened blades, new deck bearings, etc, etc. Oh this latest addition comes with so much documentation too (total history from new, service, new parts, manuals, and soo much more).
The cost $1250! the guy even asked if that was too much? Just know I was smiling as I walked away to my car. Now I just need a guy with a trailer..
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Too bad I'm not nearly you, I'd come over with my trailer to help you out. Pictures are always appreciated Ray! :D
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:

Post by ras101 »

Thanks Eugen. As a last resort i call my son! he has a truck and tow hitch and access to my old 10x5 trailer that I sold to his friend. We shall see.. Anyway I have paid my deposit to the GT seller and the GT's mine! When you see it I think you will all be impressed with the previous owners care..
The wheels are still white! no rust, scraps or anything! the tires are like new, it has a new seat, new ball joints on the tie rods, new upgraded steering pin, etc and oh, new front tires too!

Post by ras101 »

Ok, forget the holding valve guys! just went on Ebay and they had an integrated holding valve for sale. Not cheap but it will give me satisfaction in knowing that the install will be seamless. Later this year I will have a short frame holding valve for sale to forum members...probably August/September time frame. As you know these are in very short supply and it will come with hydraulic lines but no straight adapters for the hydraulic motor. Let me know if you might be interested..

Post by Timj »

I'm pretty sure that a 1986 would have had the integrated holding valve as standard setup. I thought they started in '85 with the big wheel tractors and then went to all tractors after the stock of TCV's without was used up.

Post by ras101 »

I hope that is the Case (yeah you got it!) . Right now I have in my possession two integrated valves and I hope most of the plumbing too. I have two GT's that definitely need the "fix" as I* live on a property that slops towards the road... well you now the rest. I put an external holding valve on my 1977 snow blowing GT several years ago when I hit the sloping driveway at the road and almost hit an oncoming car! My snow blower since has been more than apologetic I might add. Still have a slightly hilly ride to the road, but to a turning circle but stiil there. My snow blower runs fine now with the added holding valve but the others need work. Now have integrated holding valves and everything else seems secondary..

Post by Timj »

I started out with a 4 digit tractor and never knew about the hair rasing rides till I joined the forums. When I got my '84 448 last year I thought it would have it, it didn't. I had originally thought the holding valve became standard when Ingersoll took over but after a little digging it looks they started in '85.
I have to make a conscious effort to stay in control on the hills. I think I scored a nos add on valve and tubing today, so I'll feel safer if someone else runs the tractor.